The Academy of Interactive Entertainment is Australia's most awarded 3D Animation, Game Design and Visual FX educator based in Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra and Online, with a commitment to its reputation for delivering high quality vocational and higher education.
AIE Canberra is seeking the services of an experienced PHP/Moodle Developer with 3 to 5 years’ experience with PHP/Moodle coding to take on an initial 4 month part time or full time contract.
We need someone who enjoys investigating and resolving coding issues, has initiative, flexibility and an excellent knowledge of systems architecture.
You will be passionate about education, eLearning and Open Source software. The key to this role will be your in-depth knowledge and practical experience with Open Source Moodle in an education environment. You will be working with a small team and will be required to gather requirements and/or identify potential improvements before developing solutions in a planned manner.
This is a 4 month initial contract to be reviewed at the end of the term. Immediate start required and salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with user groups to gather requirements / identify potential improvements and drive change.
- Establish a best practice LMS environment
- Audit the structure of various forms of current content on our learning management system. This includes, but is not limited to videos, PowerPoints, lesson plans, teacher guides.
- Audit and manage course permissions (course specific and system wide).
- Develop scripts to automate routines and processes.
- Integrate plugins to extend functionality.
- Backend integration with third party systems including WiseNet, Dav Drives and SCM.
- Review and update themes in line with corporate identity and development of Home page.
- Database management.
- Creation of end-user documentation.
- Creation of Systems documentation.
- Document best practice use for Systems Administrators.
- Ensure code changes are properly documented and use appropriate version control.
- Transfer knowledge to other team members and identify further training needs.
- Provide advice on appropriate platform for the development of Online Assessment.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Overall knowledge of IT from operating systems and databases through to portals and web interfaces.
- Knowledge of e-learning best practice and instructional design techniques.
- 3+ years working with Moodle.
- 2+ years working as a Moodle Administrator.
- Superior communication, interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Ability to work autonomously and cooperatively as part of a small team.
- Ability to stay focused and detail-oriented in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming and have experience with the latest Moodle development framework
- Experience with Moodle Module / Block Development, and Moodle webservices
- Experience using PHP debugging tools
- Able to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges.
- Solid PHP knowledge including Moodle template building and theme functions.
- Experience with data management in MySQL or other databases.
- Knowledge of Debian/Linux.
Entry added by Casey Gregory
- Thursday, March 6, 2014, 8:30 AM
Last updated - Thursday, March 6, 2014, 8:30 AM