Block: Active Forums
Requires: Moodle 1.9 or later
Maintainer(s): SiauMeng Nyam
- Active Forums Block allows users to view forum activity in a tag cloud style.
- The most active discussions will be displayed bold and large while less active discussions are less prominent.
- Help users to differentiate and track the discussion activity over a certain period of time.
- Show all discussion forums activity but News forums are excluded by default
It is possible to achieve the following configurations:
- Block instance title: There can be multiple instances of the Active Forums block. You may want to show a different time period for active forum discussions in same course.
- Period checked (days): This option lets a teacher set different time frames for forum activity in a course.
- Maximum name length before truncation: This option constrains the discussion title to a maximum length, before it is truncated and displayed in the block. With this, a teacher can allow discussion titles to be shown at full length or they can shorten the titles to reduce space occupied by the tag cloud.
- Maximum discussions in tag cloud: In periods of high activity, there may be many active forums. A teacher can restrict the number of discussions displayed to reduce the space occupied by the discussion tag cloud.
- Include News forums: News forums are used to make announcements, so students will not be able to be active in them. By default, therefore, these are not shown among active forums.
Record added by Siau Meng Nyam
- Thursday, 30 September 2010, 9:46 AM
Last modified - Thursday, 28 October 2010, 9:37 PM