Requires: Moodle 1.9 or later
Maintainer(s): Davo Smith
This is a Moodle package (an activity module and a block) for Moodle 1.9 and Moodle 2.0 that allows a teacher to create a checklist / todo list / task list for their students to work through. The teacher can monitor all the students' progress, as they tick off each of the items in the list. Items can be indented and marked as optional. Students are presented with a simple bar showing how far they have progressed through the required/optional items and can add their own, private, items to the list.
- Choose whether students or teachers can check-off items
- Students can add their own notes to their checklist
- Dates can be added to items (and exported to the calendar)
- Teachers can comment on an individual student's items
- Progress is exported to the gradebook
- Choice of colours for each checklist item
- Heading items (without checkboxes)
- (Optional) Import list of current course activities and automatically check-off as activities completed
- Unzip the contents of file you downloaded to a temporary folder.
- Upload the files in the 'mod/checklist' folder to the your Moodle server, placing them in the 'moodle/mod/checklist' folder.
- (Optionally) upload the files in the 'blocks/checklist' folder to your Moodle server, placing them in the 'moodle/blocks/checklist' folder.
- Log in as administrator and click on 'Notifications' in the admin area to update the Moodle database, ready to use this plugin.
- Go to a course, click on 'Add an activity...', then select 'Checklist' from the list.
- (Optional) To allow items to be automatically checked-off immediately as activities are completed (without an up to 60 second delay), you need to modify a few Moodle core files (see mod/checklist/README.txt for full details).
Video overview of this plugin:
Record added by Davo Smith
- Friday, 26 February 2010, 3:51 AM
Last modified - Thursday, 24 February 2011, 9:43 PM