This block reads the database of OpenBiblio Open Source library software and pulls out which books an in Moodle logged-in user has borrowed and shows them with their due by date. Moodle needs to be able to read the OpenBiblio database and needs to know how to identify someone in that database. This data needs to be put in settings.php in the same folder. An example file is provided.
- Install this block as any other block by putting the entire openbiblio folder in your moodle/blocks folder and visit the admin page.
- Edit settings.php according to your situation.
- Add the block to a page. This block only works for logged-in users
- If the block is presented to a user that is not logged-in, you get an error message. This is not a problem for me, since the block is meant to go on the my moodle page, but it might be a problem for others.
Making it better
- It would be nice to have the books popping up as an item list rather then text
- It would be nice to have the settings done in the admin menu rather then in a file
The code for 2.0 is improved, moved to the new plugins database and downloadable from http://moodle.org/plugins/search.php?s=openbiblio