Block to login and exit moodle. Developed for moodle 1.9 or later. It has two views: first is like to standard login block which changes to second view when user is logged, showing the following information:
- Greeting: Good Morning, Good Afternoon or Good Evening is displayed in block header. It is user's time dependent and is calculated using the server's time and the user's timezone.
- User full Name: click to go to the user's profile.
- User's image.
- Logout Button: click to exit moodle.
- Update Profile: click to go to the user data in edit mode.
- Last login: shows date and time of the last user login. It is different from the last access to the server (showed in user profile).
How to install
- Download and unzip login_logout.zip file
- Copy login_logout folder to ./blocks folder of your moodle installation
- Login as Administrator, click on "Notifications" and then "continue"
- Click on "Turn editing on" button
- Add "Login/Logout" block in your frontpage (if standard login block is added, remove it). It can added in others moodle areas too (mymoodle, courses, etc.)
- Select a good position for your new block and move it
- It has two language files: english and spanish. Other language users can translate english strings (using "Edit words or phrases" utility inside moodle)
Luis De Sousa
IMYCA - Facultad de Ingeniería
Universidad de Carabobo