Integration: CLEO MIS Upload Tool
Requires: Moodle 1.9
Maintainer(s): Dan Poltawski, LUNS Ltd
An integration tool to ease administration which currently takes uploads from Capita SIMS and Serco CMIS.
The CLEO MIS Tool is a project developed by LUNS for the CLEO Regional Broadband Consortium.
The tool was designed to help ease schools' support burdens by:
- Streamlining the creation of Moodle users from information extracted from the school's MIS system. The tool will generate manual accounts from user details exported from an MIS system. This is aimed at schools that are unable to process data from their MIS system themselves; it is not a general replacement for the current user upload functions in Moodle.
- Allowing roles in Moodle to be assigned 'a class at at time', based on class groups generated from an MIS system. This means that teachers can set up their Moodle course and then choose "Class 3a, 3b and 3c", rather than manually selecting each individual pupil.
- No integration with Moodle groups
- Role assignments are not dynamic (e.g. when class 2A changes in the MIS system, it isn't reflected in the class which has already been assigned in Moodle).
- Importing data from MIS system is a manual process
Record added by Dan Poltawski
- Saturday, June 7, 2008, 3:16 PM
Last modified - Saturday, June 21, 2008, 3:43 AM