This resource allows you to create 'Lightbox' enabled image galleries within your Moodle course. The Lightbox system is a set of scripts than can be used to apply nice effects to image galleries - more info can be found here.
As a course teacher, you are able to create, edit and delete galleries. The main configuration option involves telling Moodle which directory contains the images you want to include in the gallery. Small thumbnails will then be generated, which are used for the thumbnail view of the gallery.
Clicking on any of the thumbnails brings that image into focus, and allows you to scroll through the gallery at your leisure. Using the Lightbox scripts creates nice transition effects when loading and scrolling through the images.
This plugin was designed to be compatible from Moodle version 1.9 upwards, and as such may not behave the same in older versions. Please contact me if you experience any problems!
- Version 2.2 (24 Mar 09) - various changes and improvements (see this post):
- XHTML compliant
- General maintenance and cleanup
- Version 2.1 (11 Mar 09) - new features and fixes (see this post):
- Automatic image tagging (IPTC support)
- Upload zip archive of files
- Lots of smaller improvements
- Version 2.0 (06 Nov 08) - lots of new features added (see this post), including:
- Allow users to add their own images to galleries
- RSS media feed support
- Backup and restore
- Tagging and searching of images
- Version 1.3 (15 Jan 08) - fixed a couple of bugs that could present themselves under certain conditions.
- Version 1.2 (17 Dec 07) - new image editor for editing images contained within galleries, as well as code improvements and extended image information options. You can also now add user-defined captions to individual images (see this post).
- Version 1.1 (14 Nov 07) - options to paginate galleries and allows users to comment on galleries (see this post).
Please read the installation instructions in the download!