Type: Question Type
Requires: Moodle 1.9 or later
Maintainer(s): Oleg Sychev, Volgograd State Technical University
This is an regular expression question which supports full syntax of php perl-compatible regular expressions (regexes).
You may choose Joseph's Reseau Regular Expression Short Answer question instead if you
- use only simple regular expressions
- don't use potentially infinite quantificators (+ and *)
- want to have a HINT button together with missing parts in one question
This question is you choice if you
- want to have access to the full abilities of regular expressions
- want to catch some parts of student answers with common errors, and give appropriate grade and feedback.
If you use this module and like it please let me know. Any suggestions about it's future development is also welcome.
To install for Moodle 1.9 or 2.0 unzip archive in the question/type subfolder of Moodle installation. To install for Moodle 2.1 unzip archive in the main folder of the Moodle installation - it would install all necessary plugins (question type and two behaviours). You may dowload them separately from our Google Code site if you wish.
The ways to give back - so I could spare more time developing this module:
- write me of you institution and how you use the question;
- if you could publish a paper or thesis on you using this quesiton type which I could reference and send me a reference - it would be much better, as it's adds to the project rating there and would allow it to survive;
- if you could publish an article about this question type and it's uses in the magazine of you country taking me as co-author, it would be even better - please inform me immediately;
- join testing efforts by doing either manual or unit-testing.
Best regards, Oleg Sychev.
P.S. I'm not going to use new Moodle plugins Directory for sharing this question type for a time since it's unconvenient for us both (it doesn't allow one-archive distribution I placed there) and don't treat people fairly. I'm sorry if that is inconvenient, but having to find, download and install 3 separate archives isn't much better. Anyone who want to be sure the code passes their validation could upload an archive from the preg subfolder (or one of the behaviour subfolders) using "register new plugin" button there and see that there is no errors on validation of them.