Moodle in English

Posts made in Moodle in English

Moodle in English -> Installing and upgrading help moodle 4.2 dev lack of sodium package -> Re: moodle 4.2 dev lack of sodium package

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

for the records, this is being managed @ MDLSITE-7506 .

Right now all the Moodle 4.1.x and up packages have been regenerated with a fix applied.

Also, an issue has been created @ XAMPP to see if the fix is valid and they can apply it for their next releases.

Hope it helps, ciao smile

PS: If with those new packages you still face problems, don't hesitate to comment in the Tracker issue above, TIA!

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

Moodle in English -> Testing and QA Exception: Class "Behat\MinkExtension\Context\RawMinkContext" not found -> Re: Exception: Class "Behat\MinkExtension\Context\RawMinkContext" not found

Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sakib,

I faced suddenly the same problems some months ago (when it was working earlier).

Ultimately the problem was that the web server doesn't know where the PHP CLI is (and that page executes a PHP CLI script to be able to find all the existing behat steps.

What I did is to ensure that my web server (apache) had the $PATH to PHP configured properly. To do so, what I did is to edit Apache's envvars file and add to it something like this:

export PATH="/path/to/my/php:$PATH"

Then, restart the Apache server and the page started to work here.

Hope it helps, ciao smile

For the records, it seems that such a detail was documented some time ago, but I've been unable to find it in current docs.

Average of ratings: Useful (3)

Moodle in English -> Integration, exposed Integration round 2023-04-21 - Good, if short, and small, thrice as good

Cold numbers:

I: 31, R: 5, Q: 12

Notes:

• 4.2rc2 rolled.
  • 3.9.21, 3.11.14, 4.0.8, 4.1.3 and 4.2 this Mon.
  • QA (almost) ✅
  • On-sync begins.

Hot topics:

• Lots, it's last week!

Warm thanks:

• Ty all!

Ciao smile

Average of ratings: Useful (3)

Moodle in English -> Moodle community sites PHP 8 version issue with single sign on with Moodle-Mahara -> Re: PHP 8 version issue with single sign on with Moodle-Mahara

Hi Nitin,

Moodle 4.1.x doesn't need the XML-RPC extension anymore, that requirement was removed @ MDL-70889.

And, more specifically, all the MNet functionality now is performed by a PHP library instead of the PHP extension. See MDL-76055 for more information. So far, the functionality (SSO / roaming) was tested in that issue and, also, in the QA cycle that happened before the Moodle 4.1 release.

In any case, bugs happen, so I would recommend you to gather all the possible information (versions both sides, configuration details without any secret sharing, exact steps... debugging information...) and then create an issue in the Tracker to see if we can reproduce the problem.

With good reproduction steps, surely the fix will be easier to implement.

Ciao smile