Flash Player Size

Flash Player Size

by Ryan Lakey -
Number of replies: 8

I am trying to resize the default flash player for .flv files and it appears I've found the right files but it is not taking effect...

For instance when you add a resource under a course and give it a .flv file  I've found some settings for that under  mod/resource/type/file/resource.class.php  and changing the width and height in there for the right file type changes the source code for the page it creates but it is not actually changing the video player size.

I've ran a search on all the files in the moodle directory for these settings and haven't found anything else that effects the player.  Anywhere else I should be looking or is this a bug?  I'm running 1.9.1.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Lakey

Re: Flash Player Size

by Rob Johnson -
Look in /filter/mediaplugun/filter.php. You can also vary the .flv player on a clip by clip basis by adding ?d=hhhxwww to the end of the link to the .flv file. This is very useful when clips are in widescreen aspect ratio.

RJ
In reply to Rob Johnson

by Ryan Lakey -

Hmm yea putting the size at the end of the link works on other installations but isn't working on this one for some reason.

Changing /filter/mediaplugin/filter.php only works if you create a resource web page and just create an html link

mod/resource/type/file/resource.class.php   changes the code the page creates when you just add a resource as a link but even though the code appears right when you view the source of the resource it doesn't change the size of the player
Trying to figure out why this is behaving differently in one installation and not this one.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ryan Lakey

by Rob Johnson -
You are right Ryan. On my 1.9.1 test site, link to file seems to have a fixed flv player size. Adding ?d=hhhxwww caused a forced download. I would think that the same parameters would apply as when creating an html link through Moodle's editor. Perhaps it is a bug. It would be helpful it other Moodlers could help shed light on this.
In reply to Ryan Lakey

by John Isner -
Ryan (and others),
I have just noticed the same thing happening with my swf files on Moodle 1.9. When I link to them from a "Link to file or web site" resource and specify new window, the player does not resize when I resize the window. Please enter a bug report in the tracker and let us know the issue number so we can add comments.
In reply to John Isner

by Rob Johnson -
Bug reported in tracker. Please vote for MDL-15312.
In reply to Rob Johnson

by Peter Williams -
Hi Rob,
I have some small (320x240) mp4 video that is too grainy for the default FLV player size but I can't resize it (the player). Any progress on the MDL-15312? We're using version 1.92.
Thanks!
Peter
In reply to Peter Williams

by Rob Johnson -
We are now using 1.9.3, and still cannot re-size flv files uploaded as a resource. You can embed the video in a Moodle web page. The ?d=wwwxhhh parameter will work there.

Rob
Average of ratings: Useful (1)