User Acccounts "Disappearing"! HELP!!!

User Acccounts "Disappearing"! HELP!!!

by Larry Smith -
Number of replies: 3

I have setup a Moodle site (http://moodle.elkincityschools.org) for my school using Moodle version 1.9.  The host computer is running Windows Server 2003.  I have created user accounts for numerous teachers and students.  Several courses have also been created.  Today I attempted to log back in after lunch and was unable to.  Everything was running fine before lunch except for a "blue screen of death" on the server about an hour before I left the room. The server rebooted fine and Moodle was working properly after the blue screen.  When I attempted to log in after returning to the room I got a "Invalid login, please try again" error message.  No other user is able to log in.  I also attempted to create a new user account but got a "Could not add your record to the database!" error message.  Has anyone just had there user data base just disappear?!

i am very new to Moodle (just set the site up last Friday!)  Please help!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Larry Smith

Re: User Acccounts "Disappearing"! HELP!!!

by Marc Grober -
Just out of curiosity, are you sure that your sql server came back up? I don't know how you set up sql (or php or moodle for that matter) on your server, but I have seen situations where new users on other system have installed a product on OS X or Windows and neglected to ensure that a particular application would come up automatically as a service. Invariably a front end would look fine, but would act as if it couldn't access the back end, because the back end was not up and running. ... While you are looking you may want to sniff about your sql tables. If worse comes to worse you can drop your tables and then import from your pre-BSOD db backup. What happens, btw, if you ask it to send you your password based on your e-mail address? Does it deny knowing your e-mail address?
In reply to Marc Grober

by Larry Smith -
What happens, btw, if you ask it to send you your password based on your e-mail address? Does it deny knowing your e-mail address?

Yes it denies knowing my email.
In reply to Larry Smith

by Arturo Israel García Castro -
Have you try to check for database integrity?... it database is not fully accessible there will be problems