Dragmath's popup window is too small

Dragmath's popup window is too small

by Shin Okada -
Number of replies: 11
I have installed Dragmath to Moodle 1.9 which is running Window server 2003 and Xampp.

When I click to open Dragmath, I get a popup which is 3 cm square and I am not able to expand or resize it. So I am not able to enter anything.

Can anyone help me how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shin Okada

Re: Dragmath's popup window is too small

by Marc Grober -
I am pretty sure we can get you up and running PDQ.

Please provide the source of your install as we are changing install sources and I want to be sure of what you have installed.

In /lib/editor/htmlarea/popups is a file dlg_ins_dragmath.php.
Edit this file with Wordpad or an appropriate editor of your choice (keeping in mind the issues inherent in Windows (cr/lf, renaming, etc)

At about line 57 you will find this:

<applet 
 width=540 height=300 
 archive="Project.jar,AbsoluteLayout.jar,swing-layout-1.0.jar,jdom.jar,jep.jar"
 code="Display.MainApplet.class"
 codebase="../plugins/DragMath/applet/classes" 
 name="dragmath">
 <param name=language value="en">
 <param name=outputFormat value="MoodleTex">
 <param name=showOutputToolBar value="false">
 To use this page you need a Java-enabled browser. 
 Download the latest Java plug-in from 
 <a> href="http://www.java.com">Java.com</a>
</applet >
Try increasing the width and height settings and then save, clear your java and browser cache and try again.

Let me know what settings you found worked. Please also confirm that you could not change the size of the dragmath pop-up window.
In reply to Marc Grober

by Shin Okada -
I changed to 600 and 400.

And it is working fine.

Thanks.
In reply to Shin Okada

by Marc Grober -
Could you please provide details as to client OS and browser and version of dragmath installed on server?
In reply to Marc Grober

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Marc Grober -
Very strange. The window dimensions are set by the applet in pixels, 330 high and 540 wide. Do you have a portrait layout monitor? Please look at lower right hand corner of the pop-up and tell me if you see the little grey dots there and confirm that you cannot resize from that corner. Also please post the dlg_ins_dragmath.php file as it presently sits. Can you see the "sin" tab? How much further right? Lastly, could you advise as to what your screen resolution is. and if possible, whether lowering your screen resolution helps resolve the issue.

Thanks.

btw, have you patched your OS recently?
In reply to Marc Grober

In reply to Deleted user

by Marc Grober -
A few things to consider:
1) While you indicated you changed the height and width parameters, the copy of the file you pasted shows the original values....
2) I noticed that you have a blue Cap S in the lower right hand corner of your dragmath window. I assume you are running NoScript? Turn it off and see if that makes a difference.
3) Look at the lower right hand corner of the image attached. Where your image has a Cap S my image has 6 little grey dots pointing southeast.
4) See, http://www.technipages.com/firefox-cant-resize-popup-windows.html
5) Remember that you may be caching html, js and java
Attachment dragmathwindow.PNG
In reply to Marc Grober

In reply to Deleted user

by Marc Grober -
My experience has been that the best way to avoid IE issues is to avoid IE...

In reply to Shin Okada

by Mike Green -

When I first installed Dragmath today (excellent piece of work, by the way, thank you) I also found that the popup window for the editor was too small. I increased the height and width settings,  as per mark's advice, flushed the browser cache, and the window then displayed at a usable size. I've now put the height and width back to 540  and 333, as they were in my  original script, and the size is still OK, so maybe a cacheing problem?