multimedia filter - is it all or nothing?

multimedia filter - is it all or nothing?

by josephine wilson -
Number of replies: 6
My title asks my question! Is there a way to have this turned on just for certain courses but not for others or does it have to be on for all or off for all? I ask because some teachers like it in their courses and some find it a nuisance. Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to josephine wilson

Re: multimedia filter - is it all or nothing?

by Ken Wilson -

Josephine

There used to be a way of doing this using some HTML coding around the resource, e.g. <span class="nolink"> ... </span>. However, this is currently not working (see MDL-4330). Sorry I can't be any more helpful sad (there's an old request for this, but no-one has taken-up the challenge... so far).

Ken

In reply to Ken Wilson

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ken,

Is <span class="nolink"> ... </span> still not working? According to MDL-4330 the issue is fixed. If not, it should be reopened.

by Rob Johnson -
You should be able to turn off the filter for individual files by adding ?forcedownload=1 to the end of the link if you are linking through the Moodle editor. If you are using Link to File or Web Page, then there is a checkbox in Moodle 1.9 that forces the file to download. This is not as elegant as being able to turn off the filter for individual courses, but it should provide the flexibility you need.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Dag Klimas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
If you put an space after the filename and before the ", the filter will not work (1.9.9+).

For example: a href="http://xxx.info/file.php/98/xxxxxx.swf " target="_blank"

Dag