Course request block - not able to read "Reasons for wanting this course"

Course request block - not able to read "Reasons for wanting this course"

by Shin Okada -
Number of replies: 5
I installed Course request and working fine except one thing.

I am not able to find "Reasons for wanting this course" which teachers add when they request a course.

Where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shin Okada

Re: Course request block - not able to read "Reasons for wanting this course"

by Matt Campbell -
This part of the course request feature is actually part of Moodle core, and not the Course Creation block.

Could you post your Moodle version, the URL (just the part that shows folder and file, don't need your site) and possibly a screenshot of what you're seeing?

You may also want to turn on debugging and let us know if you get any errors.

Thanks,
Matt
In reply to Matt Campbell

by Shin Okada -
Hi Matt.
Thank you for your reply.

I forgot to tell that I am using 1.9.

Is it the reason it is not working?

What do you mean by the part that shows folder and file? Could you explain it please?

I get a course request. After clicking to approve it, I directly go to the course setting, nothing else. So not so much to show by screenshots.

Which one do I need to turn on in Admin > Server > Debugging ?

My debugging setups are default as shown below.

Debug messagesdebug
NONE: Do not show any errors or warningsMINIMAL: Show only fatal errorsNORMAL: Show errors, warnings and noticesALL: Show all reasonable PHP debug messagesDEVELOPER: extra Moodle debug messages for developers
Default: NONE: Do not show any errors or warnings
If you turn this on, then PHP's error_reporting will be increased so that more warnings are printed. This is only useful for developers.

Display debug messagesdebugdisplay
Default: Yes
Set to on, the error reporting will go to the HTML page. This is practical, but breaks XHTML, JS, cookies and HTTP headers in general. Set to off, it will send the output to your server logs, allowing better debugging. The PHP setting error_log controls which log this goes to.

XML strict headersxmlstrictheaders
Default: No
Set to on, each page will be generated using XML http headers and prolog, so browsers will show XHTML errors inline. This is only useful for developers.

Debug email sendingdebugsmtp
Enable verbose debug information during sending of email messages to SMTP server.

Performance infoperfdebug
If you turn this on, performance info will be printed in the footer of the standard theme

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Shin Okada

by Matt Campbell -
Which one do I need to turn on in Admin > Server > Debugging ?

Set the debug messages to 'ALL'.

What do you mean by the part that shows folder and file? Could you explain it please?

As an example, http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=93822 is the URL for this discussion. http://moodle.org is the URL for the site, and /mod/forum/discuss.php?d=93822 is the file path. I'm expecting your file path to be something like /course/pending.php?.

Thanks,
Matt

In reply to Matt Campbell

by Shin Okada -
Thanks Matt.

I appreciate your reply and I must apologize here.

This morning I found that my colleague did not fill up "Reason" so it did not show when I click it to approve.shy

I got another request this morning and there was a reason column.

It works fine in Moodle 1.9.big grin

Thanks Matt.

P.S.
I turned on the debugging to ALL for future use.
Thanks.
In reply to Shin Okada

by Shivanesh Lal -

hi guys I am tryign to install this plugin into my Moodle site but I am getting this error "Validating block_cmanager ... Error
[Error] Plugin does not declare its component name [null] Help with Plugin does not declare its component name 
Installation aborted due to validation failure"

Can someone assist me on this please
Thanks in Advance