Number of replies: 9

I am having trouble using the mp3 player and ie7

My sound plays fine in Firfox and ie6 but nothing happens in ie7

Has anyone else run into this??

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jim Eckhardt

Re: mp3's and ie 7

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Jim,
I don't know what is causing your sound files not to play, but when I read your post a couple of questions popped into my mind:
  • what version of Moodle are you using?
  • did you insert the player by enabling the multimedia-plugin filter or did you insert it "by hand"?
cheers
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Jim Eckhardt -

Gordon,

I am using moodle 1.8.4+ with the multimedia filter enabled  (also using multilang and glossary linking)

The player appears and seems to load the file  (the indicator block moves after pushing the arrow) but no sound?    

Jim

In reply to Jim Eckhardt

by Logan Modine -
I have this same problem, except it only occurs when using a Windows box with the latest version of Firefox and Flash Player.

Downgrading Flash Player has been the only solution I've come up with so far. The most recent build of Flash Player that still works for me is 9r47. Everything after and including 9r115 (which at the time of this post is 9r124) causes this problem.

I've tested it on Moodle 1.8.2, 1.8.4, and 1.9.
In reply to Logan Modine

by Jim Eckhardt -
Thanks Vincent,

I give it a try, although mine works fine in firefox. Any chance you can point me to a download of the downgrade versions of flash?

Thanks in advance

Jim
In reply to Jim Eckhardt

Re: mp3s do not play with latest versions of Flash player

by N Hansen -
You can find the downgrade versions here. I have also reported this in the issue tracker as MDL-14982 so that we can get a Moodle-based solution to this problem.
In reply to N Hansen

by Jim Eckhardt -

I am a bit of a newbie, do you mean to say that I need to downgrade my browser copy of the flash player, or is there a player file somewhere in moodle that I can downgrade?

If its only a browser downgrade it wont help me much.

Jim

In reply to Jim Eckhardt

by N Hansen -
You will have to download the big nearly 100MB file full of older versions and extract the version mentioned earlier in this thread and then just run it-it will install. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep it from automatically upgrading itself again after downgrading though. If anyone has advice on how to do that, I would appreciate it.

And please vote on this issue in the tracker so that it gets fixed more quickly!
In reply to N Hansen

by Jim Eckhardt -

I did that but decide not to intall it

That could work for me but the users all over the US will have to use firefox or ie6 for the lesion that uses the sound files.  I use the mp3s to teach basic Spanish.

Are there any settings anywhere that one could try to tweak? I noticed that in one of the theme css files there are setings like color and others.

I will vote now to get his fixed

Jim

In reply to Jim Eckhardt

by Ben Foster -
Has anyone found a fix to this yet? My MP3 files wont play in IE6.