Moodle .org could be more novice friendly

Moodle .org could be more novice friendly

by Matt Gibson -
Number of replies: 3
I just filed MDLSITE-374 after discussing moodle with a colleague. Some noob friendly uber-basic guide would be a good addition - GHOP video?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: Moodle .org could be more novice friendly

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Matt,

I'm in complete agreement with you that moodle.org should be more novice-friendly. We've actually been planning some major improvements to Moodle.org for some time now, but releasing Moodle 1.9 took priority. wink Please see http://docs.moodle.org/en/Category:Moodle.org_improvements and also MDLSITE-132.

A video guide is a great idea for a GHOP task. Moodletutorials.org currently has just one introductory video - Moodle presentation. What do you think of it?
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle .org could be more novice friendly

by Matt Gibson -
I saw that one and liked it - very slick, but no use for people wanting to actully get started. A good sales pitch, but not teacher-taking-first-steps. What I had in mind was more something showing where to go on moodle.org to find key info.

Thanks for the category link - I'd missed that one.
In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: Moodle.org improvements

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What I had in mind was more something showing where to go on moodle.org to find key info.

Hopefully the improvements will result in it being much easier to find key info on Moodle.org. wink As mentioned in the tracker report, all text on the set of front pages of Moodle.org will be translated into as many other languages as possible, so non-English-speaking visitors to Moodle.org can understand where to go for support etc. and how to become involved in the community.

It's probably not that easy to envisage the planned improvements from reading the tracker report, however any comments would be appreciated. smile