I think these are bugs - anyone confirm?

I think these are bugs - anyone confirm?

by Lael ... -
Number of replies: 2

These are issues I am having on our copy of 1.9 beta 4 (2007101508). With some of them I am unsure if they are configuration issues I need to fix, or if they are bugs that need attention. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

• Site Admin >> Grades – I can’t seem to change site-wide grade letters. (eg: add an A+ category for 99-100). When ‘save’ is clicked the browser returns to the same screen without the new grade letters

• Upload Outcomes doesn’t have any help – it would be nice to have something indicating what file types/format is expected.

• Course Groups: When selecting choosing groups there is a “selected user’s membership” column that is not displaying anything. Is it supposed to show the students’ current groups?

Missing Help Files

• Grades>>Edit Categories & Items: Missing lang string [agg_coeff] in add category dialogue (in the dialogue after clicking ‘Add Category’) at bottom of the page)

• Grades>>Edit Categories & Items; Edit a Grade Item and then click on help for “Lock after” returns: Help file "locktime.html" could not be found!

Misc. Errors:

With debugging turned on and

• I am getting a ‘undefined property:object::$cm in moodle/lib/weblib.php line 5444 error

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lael ...

Re: I think these are bugs - anyone confirm?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Lael,

Thanks for describing the issues you are having with 1.9 beta 4.

Regarding not being able to change site-wide grade letters, this bug has been fixed today (MDL-12497).

Regarding importing outcomes, the outcomes documentation contains information about the required file type and format, however I agree with you that a help file would be nice. I've reported it in the tracker - MDL-13702.

I couldn't find the [agg_coeff] missing lang string that you mention, though I did find the missing help file and reported it in the tracker - MDL-13699.

As you may have noticed, the issues you are having are mostly bugs. In future, please feel free to report similar issues in the tracker, creating a new bug report for each separate issue. There is no restriction on how many bugs you can report, and it gives developers a sense of satisfaction when they fix lots of bugs. wink

I assume you've used the tracker before, but for anyone else reading this post, please read the tracker documentation for guidance on how to report bugs.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: I think these are bugs - anyone confirm?

by Lael ... -
Thanks Helen - will go straight to tracker in future.