My own glossary is in excel file, please help...

Re: Moodle glossaryXMLconverter_html updated

by Yasu Imao -
Number of replies: 5
Hi Pedro,

I'm not sure what is going on. I use Mac and the size of the zipped file is 4k. I used a different archiving program and upload it again.

I hope this works.

Yasu
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Yasu Imao

by Pedro Aphalo -
Hi Yasu,

Last night I tried again at home with my Windows XP Home laptop, and got the same error and 18k zip file with your new upload. I started suspecting something was wrong either with the server or at my end. This morning I tried at work with a PC running XP professional and I got everything working and a much smaller zip file! (Weird! In both cases I used Firefox 3.0.4)

Your script works wonderfully. Now I also have the reverse glossary in my course! Many thanks for this very useful tool!

Pedro.
In reply to Pedro Aphalo

by Pedro Aphalo -
Hi Yasu,

Tried again today at home, just out curiosity, and the downloaded zip file worked this time. So, everything should be fine with your upload.

Once more, thanks!

Pedro.

In reply to Yasu Imao

by Sam Mudle -

Just tested this converter with Moodle 2.0.3 and it works great!.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, David Fountain's excel macro doesn't work on Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac.

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Lucy Blake -

Has anyone found a way to get this to work with mac's or Google docs? I have a glossary in google docs and can't face putting it all in by hand.

In reply to Yasu Imao

by Don Schwartz -

Excellent! I just used this converter with Windows 7 and Moodle 2.8. It worked absolutely perfectly on the first try.

Nice when something is built with enough simplicity in 2008 that it works just fine in 2015.