Essay HTML Editor

Re: Essay HTML Editor

by Yegor Tarazevich -
Number of replies: 5
Joseph, Thank you very much for a quick reply!

How do I turn on HTML editor for Essay question type? My Moodle version is 1.9.6.
In reply to Yegor Tarazevich

by Mauno Korpelainen -

By default editor is enabled in Essay question type but only in one (first essay) on page: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Essay_question_type

9.Make sure there is only one essay per page - the rich text editor will only appear for the first essay question on a page.

If moodle does not render editor in Essays or elsewhere check http://docs.moodle.org/en/HTML_editor_FAQ

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry, Mauno, but you got it wrong.wink

The HTML editor is enabled for the Essay question type in the Quiz module. It is not available in the Lesson module at all.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Oh - too bad - I have not used Lesson module and have missed this part...

Is there some particular reason why editor is not enabled in Lesson Essays? (should check the code anyway...)

I just noticed that this is a Lesson forum (particularly useful for me!!!)  big grin

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
ahem, Mauno, you really ought to be more careful where you are posting... that should teach you a lesson.tongueout
Anyway, I do not see any particular reason why in the Lesson module the essay can only be written in plain text. I've had a look at the code and it should not be too difficult to change that. The problem is that the Lesson module seems to no longer being actively maintained.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mauno Korpelainen -

It was inevitable  x\-blush-/x

I have so far posted over 3700 posts to these forums so it's time to learn how to check the name of forum before answering to the question. smile