Assign student in course

Assign student in course

by Saravanan N -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

As a course admin when I assign student to course shows the error message “Can not assign this role to user <student name> because Manage metacourse capability is needed.” . This student is available in potential users. Anybody can help me to solve this problem.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Saravanan N

Re: Assign student in course

by John Isner -
Don't assign roles in a metacourse. Assign them in the child course(s). They will automatically have the same roles in the metacourse (metacourse roles are automatically synchronized with child course roles). If this doesn't help, please reply with more information about how your courses are set up and what you are trying to do.
In reply to John Isner

by Greg Rodenhiser -
Along the same lines..... What if I want the students to carry over from course to metacourse but do NOT want instructors to carry over. Is there a way for metacourses to not auto carry over instructors?
In reply to Greg Rodenhiser

by John Isner -
By default all enrolments from child courses are synchronised to metacourses. Roles that are selected from the menu below will not be synchronized.

Site administration -> Users -> Permissions -> User policies -> "Roles that are not synchronized to metacourses"
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Isner

by Rey Ong -
How about for part time students who cant keep up their studies with other full time students?

Metacourse auto assign students to its child course, but how can I choose a certain students(repeat/part time students) to enroll only for certain course and not to enroll to all child course automatically in meta programme?

Normal students enroll to meta course will get added to its child courses as well.

Part time students only need few subjects out of metacourse.

anyone knows how?
In reply to Rey Ong

by Eric Chamberland -
The auto-enrollment process actually works the opposite way : a metacourse gets its enrollments automatically from its children courses. It means you should be able to manage your part time students the way you need to by only adding them to the appropriate children courses. They will then be enrolled to the "diploma" metacourse.

See this other thread for interesting explanations and analogies.
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=39438