Web 2.0 Moodle Logo!

Web 2.0 Moodle Logo!

by Kevin Xu -
Number of replies: 11
Hey all Moodlers,

As the Google Highly Open Participation Contest comes to a close, I want to present to all of Moodle a little present I was making. I fancy in graphics design a little bit so I was playing with the Moodle logo and came up with this.

(click for larger image)
Moodle%20Web%202.0%20Glassy%20small.png
Click here to download .zip file of logo in all different sizes and formats: http://www.cantheworldhearme.com/images/Moodle%20Web%202.0%20Glassy.zip

I'm not suggesting a whole revamping of the current logo (I do like the current logo) but in case anyone is working on some new projects or want to adapt the whole web 2.0 feel for Moodle, I believe this is a perfect logo for the occasion. Otherwise you may just look at it and fancy it for a while.

I'm glad to have been a part of the great open-source Moodle team and hope to contribute as time goes on big grin
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Kevin Xu

Re: Web 2.0 Moodle Logo!

by Julian Ridden -
This is by no means an official endorsement...But I do like it. Very clean, good to finally have vector image of the mortar board.

Great work.

Ws this built in Illustrator or photoshop? Any chance of the source file?
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Jesús Martín -
Great work!!!

Julian, it is a .xcf file (the native image format of the GIMP image-editing program).

Thanks
In reply to Jesús Martín

by Kevin Xu -
Yes Jesús is right.

I made it using the
GIMP image-editing program and the .xcf file is available in the .zip file.

I'm glad you guys like it big grin
In reply to Kevin Xu

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Oooh, So pretty I just downloaded GIMP so I can try to make one like it!
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Nicolas Connault -
GIMP is pretty hard to learn, but there is an excellent documentation, along with tutorials, which interface with it. I suggest you take your time going through them before giving up too early smile
In reply to Kevin Xu

by Rowan Chakoumakos -
Hey Kevin,

I want to wish you good luck on the SAT! big grin
I am also taking it tomorrow!

I would like to request permission to possibly use your logo on moodletutorials.org.

Get a 2400 wink,
Rowan
In reply to Kevin Xu

by Nick Gault -
Hi Kevin,

The logo is fantastic! Just what I was looking for.

Thanks,

Nick Gault

In reply to Kevin Xu

by Alex Andru -
Very nice (and much more fresh then the current one).

One thought though, the gloss/reflection doesn't look right on the hat sad

And why not redesign the logo (and website?!). Bevels are so 1999 :D
In reply to Kevin Xu

by Aaron Tyo-Dickerson -
Thanks very much for sharing these with us. I am using the small transparent PNG logo in publicity materials for Moodle PD here on our campus. Very attractive image. smile
In reply to Kevin Xu

by Paul Tannahill -

I'm looking for a vector version of the Moodle logo so as to produce a large-scale physical banner for our college's (Linn-Benton Community College in Albany Oregon USA) Moodle Man Cave. Does anyone have a true vector format (.ai, .eps, etc.) version of the Moodle logo, or know where I can find one?

Thanks!