Algebra filter problems on Windows servers

Algebra filter problems on Windows servers

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
Number of replies: 8
This is an update on the problem reported here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=6317#40814

This is due to a  system command of the form:
  system("cd c:\www\moodle/filter/algebra & algebra2tex.pl");
failing due to the mixed forward and backslashes in the directory path.  It works in some versions of PHP on Windows (e.g. EasyPHP) but not in other versions.  I will post a bug fix when the Sourceforge CVS is back up.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

Re: Algebra filter problems on Windows servers

by Ger Tielemans -

Just for the records, I only use it on my laptop for testing, we run Linux..

TeX works fine under PHPeasy1.7/windows2000

Algebra not:

Notice: Undefined variable: cmd in c:\easyphp17\www\moodle\filter\algebra\algebradebug.php on line 229

Notice: Undefined variable: cmd in c:\easyphp17\www\moodle\filter\algebra\algebradebug.php on line 231

Notice: Undefined variable: status in c:\easyphp17\www\moodle\filter\algebra\algebradebug.php on line 231

In reply to Ger Tielemans

Replace your algebra/filter.php with the attached.

Ang: Re: Algebra filter problems on Windows servers

by Morten Brydensholt -

Heureka!

Thanks Zbigniew - Now algebra runs like dream.

Best regards

Morten

In reply to Morten Brydensholt

Re: Ang: Re: Algebra filter problems on Windows servers

by Ger Tielemans -

Works, yes !!! only with a warning. It passes multilang? (If I switch multilang filter off, then also no warning mixed

(in 1.3final):

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of xml_set_object(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\easyphp17\www\moodle13final\filter\multilang\filter.php on line 116

(in 1.4 beta):

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of xml_set_object(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\easyphp17\www\moodle\filter\multilang\filter.php on line 231

In reply to Ger Tielemans

Sorry, the version of the algebra filter I posted here has a debugging command in it to turn on all warnings (only for the administrator).  This triggers the warning from the multilang filter.  Get the latest version of the algebra filter from the cvs to avoid this nuisance.

by Ger Tielemans -

I logged in as admin, sorry. (Nice feature I will compare the versions!)

Thanks, now everything is working on my demo-laptop

by Dr. Prin Singhanart -

hi Zbigniew

I tried your fix but still

In reply to Dr. Prin Singhanart

The problem is that you transferred mimetex.exe to your server in ascii mode instead of binary mode. The file length of mimetex.exe should 329728 instead of 331167. You can obtain a fresh copy of mimetex.exe from http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/moodle/contrib/mimetex/windows/mimetex.exe?rev=1.4