Deleting no more needed results from quizzes

Deleting no more needed results from quizzes

by Süreç Özcan -
Number of replies: 3
I am using Moodle 1.8.2+.
After a test I would like to delete no more needed tries from teachers from the results. As far as I could find this is only possible by deleting each person one by one in the overview-view. I had tried to let those teachers to be ignored in grading, but this did not take any effect in the quiz module.
I have already two posts in the gradebook forum here starting on Wednesday, 17 October 2007, 03:57 PM under my name.
Is this a bug or designed like it is?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Süreç Özcan

Re: Deleting no more needed results from quizzes

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Süreç - Did you ever find an answer. I suspect that if you want to effect the item analysis that you will need to delete the attempts. I'm pretty sure it does not check the gradebook to see if it has been excluded and to be honest I'm not sure I would want it to. I'm not 100% sure why the teachers are adding attempts to the quiz? Are you referring to previews? I believe that these should not be included; however if they are then I would consider that a bug. Let me know if that makes sense and if you have any further questions. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Süreç Özcan -
Hi Anthony,

I have only now seen your post by now, sorry for the late answer...

> Did you ever find an answer.
Not yet.

> I suspect that if you want to effect the item analysis that you will need to delete the attempts.
Just the way I did - one by one in the overview?

> I'm pretty sure it does not check the gradebook to see if it has been excluded and to be honest I'm not sure I would want it to.
Why not?

> I'm not 100% sure why the teachers are adding attempts to the quiz? Are you referring to previews?
I did an experiment and didn't know the teacher assistants' names beforehand. Therefor I changed their roles after the whole experiment - which means that they had partly tried out some quizzes (not in the preview, since they had the role as students).
I am not 100% sure though, if it works referring to preview trials. I remember having troubles there as well, where I could see as an administrator my trials listed in the analysis (there has passes enough time though, I cannot perfectly remember anymore further though - sorry).
In reply to Süreç Özcan

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, marking the attempts on the quiz result overview page and then deleting them is the best way to remove quiz attempts. The item analysis is based off of all quiz attempts; however, I remember using groups to help isolate the different sections I taught. You could move your teachers to a group and then the students in another group and then view the item analysis report and just see students.

The reason I would not want the quiz module checking the gradebook for exclusions is that there is no way of knowing/seeing what is being excluded. I think it would cause confusion. When I view a report I expect to see a complete data set and having it limited by another module or aspect of Moodle that is not part of the quiz module is going to cause complications. In my mind, it is simply not Modular (which is what the M stays for in Moodle).

I understand how your students became teachers. The groups idea above should help you out. If I recall, preview attempts should be excluded from the report and after a certain amount of time they are deleted.

Hopefully this clarifies things for you. Let me know if you have any other questions. Peace - Anthony