Lightbox Gallery Resource

Lightbox Gallery Resource 2.2

by Paul Holden -
Number of replies: 14
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Here's the latest version wide eyes

I've upgraded the prototype/scriptaculous libraries and also included a new script that adds another fancy touch to galleries.

Lots more smaller changes and maintenance work has gone into this version, which you'll notice as you use the plugin.

Please let me know if there is anything I've forgotten!

Modules & Plugins entry.
In reply to Paul Holden

Re: Lightbox Gallery Resource 2.2

by Larry Elchuck -
Paul

It does not appear to be in the Modules and Plugins directory. Is there a time lag?

L
In reply to Larry Elchuck

by Larry Elchuck -
I found it directly at http://moodle.greenhead.ac.uk/external/lightbox_gallery/

It still does not fix the showing of changes made (in the thumbnail) using the flip, resize or rotate options ..... without manually refreshing the page (at least in Firefox).
In reply to Larry Elchuck

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Larry,

It depends on how you've got Firefox set up, specifically how it is reading files from it's cache.

If you want to shorten the image cache lifetime then you can lower $CFG->filelifetime in your config.php file or modify /mod/lightboxgallery/pic.php and lower the $lifetime variable manually.

Paul
In reply to Paul Holden

by Mike Turpin -

Hi,

I would love to be able to use this module but we are running 1.8.6 with GD version 2.

I have read the various posts that talk about a build navigation function that is part of 1.9 upwards.

the work around post  below would be great but I am not really sure how to implement it ie where to add the code shown below? Is there an idiots guide somewhere?.

Thanks

" limitation of using the build_navigation function is that it makes the code incompatible with versions prior to 1.9 (and will in fact lead to a fatal error because the function will not be found).

A work around is to call

if (function_exists('build_navigation'))

and use legacy code to produce the navigation element if the build_variable function is not available.

If your target version is only 1.9 or greater, this is, of course, not needed"

In reply to Paul Holden

by Hellmuth Sole -
Hi Paul... great job!!  Everything's working great!!  I'd just suggest one thing.  It turns out that when my IPTC tags have non english characters (for example I work in Spanish, so I use accent marks such as á and also the ñ) it cuts off the rest of the word (so for example transmissión only appears as transmissi).  If this minor detail could be fixed it would be great!!
In reply to Paul Holden

by Ashley Holman -
I got this error with version 2.1 and suspect it is still an issue with 2.2:

During cron:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare lightboxgallery_add_instance() (previously declared in /devapp/moodle/mod/lightboxgallery/lib.php:22) in /devapp/moodle/mod/lightboxgallery/lib.php on line 32

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare lightboxgallery_add_instance() (previously declared in /devapp/moodle/mod/lightboxgallery/lib.php:22) in /devapp/moodle/mod/lightboxgallery/lib.php on line 32

If you replace include() with require_once() in several places this fixes it.

Thanks
In reply to Paul Holden

by Elena Ivanova -
Hi Paul,
Thank you for the module!
We have just installed v 2.2 on 1.9.4 and everything works great except cropping.
I am not even sure how it is supposed to work smile
I go to the cropping tab, and then I do not have any visible controls to crop the image with. I thought that may be I can jut select part of the image with the mouse, but it does not seem to be the case.
I am not getting any error messages either, but the browser complains that 'Draggable' is undefined and 'Copper.Img' is null or not an object. mixed
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Higor Vaz -
Hello Elena, did you fix the problem of cropping, Im using 1.9.4+ and tested with FF3 and IE7 with no success.
The other functions are only showing updated when page refresh.
Thanks,
Higor
In reply to Higor Vaz

by Paul Holden -
When I upgraded the javascript libraries for the last version, it seemed to break the image cropping tool - this has been fixed and will work again when I publish the next version soon approve There'll also be a new global module setting for configuring the image cache lifetime.

Higor - did you see my other post regarding the 'one-column' problem?
In reply to Paul Holden

by Milan Jaroš -
Hi, I'm excited there is movement on this extension. I tried to contact you some time ago but without success. Never mind. I did some modification of v1.3 and I wanted to share it with others. I really can't remember all of the changes there are some of them. I've added possibility to show subdirectories. I've added Czech translation too. I'm not PHP programmer so I'm not able to merge changes into your new version but I hope my my modified lightboxgallery v1.3 should help you to implement these changes.

FYI I've modified/added these files:
images\dir.gif
db\install.xml
lib.php
lang\cs_utf8\lightboxgallery.php
mod_form.php
db\upgrade.php
view.php

EDIT: I'm not sure if new version provides ability to hide extension or better: after uploading photos to adherent directory application should import captions from file name and than remove diacritics (File: žluťoučký kůň.jpg > Caption: žluťoučký kůň; File: zlutoucky-kun.jpg) and than auto-resize to wanted size (e.g. 1024x768). Thank you for your great job you've done!

With the best regards,
Milan.
In reply to Milan Jaroš

by Milan Jaroš -
Please let me know about your answer by Private message or e-mail (milan.jaros [difficult a char] gmail . com). Dunno how to watch just this thread. >mixed
In reply to Milan Jaroš

by José Santos -

hello,

I love your module and work fine, but i would like to know where  or how i hide the Display Name Picture in the gallery... i dont like the IMAGENAME.JPG.

Please Help me.

Thank you Very Much.

José

In reply to José Santos

by Paul Holden -
Hi José

If you want to remove the caption completely you'll need to edit some of the sourcecode.

In the file view.php, around line 114, change $imagelabel to whatever your preference is - presumable an empty string.
In reply to Paul Holden

by Christian Pfisterer -
HI,

I've just upgraded from 1.98 and 1.99. Now all the images in a gallery are only showing up on the left like this:

it used be like this

image image image image image image