Bug in calculated Q type

Bug in calculated Q type

by Tony Gardner-Medwin -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Looking at a clean copy of the new 1.9 it seems that if you haven't reply to a calculated Q it shows on review (and after submitting an answer to a different Q in adaptive mode) as if you had entered the incorrect answer 0.  
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Gardner-Medwin

Re: Bug in calculated Q type

by Pierre Pichet -
Hi Tony,
There has been no recent changes in the grading of calculated question other than the including of more than one answer. So this is perhaps an older unknown bug.
So you mean that if there are 2 questions in a quiz i.e a numerical and a calculated one and if the student in the adaptive mode answered to the numerical one the reveiw will show an incorrect 0 on the calculated question?
I will try and come back later

Pierre
In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Pierre Pichet -
Effectively on return the field is filled by 0 although there is nothing on the grading ( --/1). This does not happen with numerical question.
I have created a bug ont the tracker MDL-11867

Pierre
In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Tony Gardner-Medwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Pierre, thanks. That fits with what I found, the sort of thing that can easily happen! I haven't tested with earlier versions, and it may well be an old bug. I agree it doesn't happen with numerical or text Qs. With my CBM mods I distinguish clearly between 'No Response' and an incorrect response, which required some careful programming, and I don't have the problem there. The fact that I was using a clean new 1.9 (without CBM) on this occasion simply reassured me that this bug without CBM wasn't something I had introduced!

I think in general it is important not to treat blank responses like incorrect responses, with or without CBM. And obviously it's bad in adaptive mode that an unanswered Q comes to look like a considered answer of zero!  Tony