Interwiki or Cross wiki linking?

by Jestin VanScoyoc -
Number of replies: 6
Is it possible to link between wikis in a moodle site? For example, I would like to have course wikis easily link back to a site wide wiki called Help Files. So far I just list it as a URL web link sad

I would also like wikis within a course to be able to interlink - i may just combine multiple course wikis into one, but it makes my Index/Table of Contents page really long.

I've tried using things like Help Files:Index but no luck.

Thanks for any help
Jestin
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jestin VanScoyoc

Re: Interwiki or Cross wiki linking?

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
This feature is not implemented yet. Maybe we could implement something like an extended wikilink : coursename:activityname:resourcename to be used moodlewide as a filter.

In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Stuart Anderson -

This feature would also be of great use to me too. My use case scenario is that we have hidden teachers wiki containing teachers guidelines and a student wiki containing student guidelines. We quite often wish to cross link from the teachers wiki to the student wiki. At the moment these links are hard coded absolute links, but I know we are storing up trouble doing it this way.

Ludo: How would you deal with name clashes? Using course internal IDs and wiki page names would work as they both need to be unique, but not sure about how to specify wiki activity instances. Is there anything in 1.9 what would help?

course_id: ??? :wiki_page_name

--Stuart.
In reply to Stuart Anderson

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
This is an interesting question: course_id should be the course short_id , but the only id that we have for an activity is the resource number which is an integer... by all means no user friendly :-s
Considering that this filter should be useful also for other filer enabled linkable objects such as glossary entries, we should consider adding a short_id to these kind of activities...
Shall we raise the issue in the tracker and see what the boss thinks about t? wink
L.
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by zeiger puppy -
This certainly would be useful...
I would like to have summary wikis (i guess one could call it a meta-wiki)
that summarises data from others.
In reply to zeiger puppy

by christiaan mccomb -

I am with you on this one.

Csmile

In reply to christiaan mccomb

by Sue M. -
I would LOVE to have the ability to create a site wiki, instead of just course wikis. The ability to link wikis so that the material could be cross-referenced without students having to enroll in each class would be BEYOND genius.