Curriculum Mapping with Moodle

Curriculum Mapping with Moodle

by tony deprato -
Number of replies: 6
Hi I am just curious if anyone has developed a strategy for curriculum mapping/reporting using Moodle?

Tony D.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tony deprato

Re: Curriculum Mapping with Moodle

by Andy Tagliani -
Yes we have (when you mean for a school and referred to the teachers), with arround 30 schools from and with different school forms/tutor groups. The problem Tony is in the most cases not the technics, the problem is to bring the teacher council in one line or uniform rule.

1. Soft Skills and media competence or didatical computer competence
2. Curriculum or better in this case syllabus
3. Evaluation
4. Methods development und methods adaption
5. To qualify the content
6. To optimize the content
7. Prototype including all content for further education (ex. new colleagues)

We do it in that way!
Andy

In reply to tony deprato

by Steven Weber -

I am late to the conversation on Curriculum Mapping, but I hope you receive this message.  Our school district uses an Open Source Content Management platform called Drupal.  This is thousands of dollars less (annually) than the curriculum mapping software and it has the same features.

Visit:  http://drupal.org/

This seems to be flexible, meets the needs of classroom teachers, and it allows multiple teachers to make modifcations to the district's curriculum maps (i.e., a wiki).  We assign curriculum map editors for each building and each content area.  However, every teacher in the building is able to submit comments, recommendations, revisions, and teacher-created resources (i.e., Lessons, PowerPoints, SMART Board activities, rubrics, interactive games, and hyperlinks to educational sites/resources).  This site was created by professional teachers for teachers.  If a new person enters the school district, their ideas are welcome and they have as much voice in modifying the curriculum maps as the teachers who worked on the maps in year one.

Please feel free to visit our district's site:

http://currmap.orange.k12.nc.us/

Username:  teacher
Password:   ocs

I would be happy to discuss our curriculum mapping efforts with you.

Steven Weber
steven.weber@orange.k12.nc.us
(919) 245-4000, ext. 17501

In reply to Steven Weber

by Ravishankar Somasundaram -
Dear Tony, Andy, Lee and stevens,

the curriculum module for moodle < 1.9.6 and > 1.9.2 is achieved by a customization which you can find it in here

If you find it useful, vote for it.

Bug reports and feedback's are always welcomed
In reply to Ravishankar Somasundaram

by Ashish Baheti -

Dear Ravishankar,

Can i get the curriculum module for moodle 1.9.6, as we are using that Or if you can suggest changes so that your current module works for 1.9.6

It will be really helpful if you can provide that.

thanks in advance.

Regards

Ashish Baheti

In reply to Ashish Baheti

by Ravishankar Somasundaram -
Dear Ashish baheti,

Yes, i would be very happy to work on that, but unfortunately not right now, may be next month, currently am going through lot of high priority things.

I would be happy to help you if your are stuck some where in trying to expand my curriculum module to 1.9.6 for your processes.