Calendar: Color coded events?

Calendar: Color coded events?

by Bryan Henderson -
Number of replies: 5
Its is possible to modify the calendar to color code event types? For example, if I have trainings offered in two locations, is it possible to color code one location blue and one green so as make it easier for clients to find what they need? I need all the events to be site events so they are viewable to all guests.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryan Henderson

Re: Calendar: Color coded events?

by Bryan Henderson -
Anyone have any ideas? My calendar is becoming very cluttered.
In reply to Bryan Henderson

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I've not got any ideas, but I do have a similar problem!

I want to add events that relate to 'training levels', some of which also have corresponding courses in categories.

I need to add them as Site Events, so that everyone can see them and maybe choose to enrol. I can't add them as course events otherwise only enrolled students in each course will see them.

I'm using 'Category Themes' in 1.9, so my different categories have different colours - I'd like the calendar events to reflect those colours rather than the colours for 'site event' 'course event', etc.

Maybe it would be possible to choose theme (or even just a colour) when adding an event which, if chosen, would then over-ride the normal 4 colour choices for the calendar events thoughtful. I'm just going out, but I'll submit a feature request along these lines when I get back.

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Ok, improvement requested - it's at BUG 12607 if you want to vote wink
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Julie Rodriguez -
I'm not able to vote, but I'd be interested in this too. We do different types of training and it would be nice to have them color coded by stand-up, video conference, web conference, or online.
In reply to Jon Bolton

by Julie Rodriguez -
OK, I signed up and voted now. Hope it helps, but we'll need more votes.