Will 1.9 be available in August 2007?

Will 1.9 be available in August 2007?

by J m -
Number of replies: 1

Hi, I read the docs and it said that August 2007 Moodle 1.9 will be released.  Does anyone know if that is still on track or will it be moved our further?  I am trying to decide on whether or not to wait or use 1.8.2.  Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to J m

Re: Will 1.9 be available in August 2007?

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I was in a similar position. I have opted to remain with 1.8+ for this academic year. As 1.9 stabilizes I may consider an upgrade to 1.9 at the semester break. The changes being made seem to be slowing which somewhat indicates that development may be starting to shift from implementation of new features (most notably the gradebook) to dealing with major bugs. In either case, it is virtually impossible to project when a beta release of 1.9 will be ready. You are welcome to download 1.9dev from CVS and help with testing by reporting bugs. There are some significant features like the whole event API which I consider to be similar to roles in that it can impact everything. With any major change there will be a period of time to work out some of the kinks. So even when 1.9 is officially released it may be a while before it is truly ready for a busy production server. Those are my thoughts for what they are worth. Peace - Anthony

Average of ratings: Useful (1)