Any Need For The CHANGES File?

Any Need For The CHANGES File?

by Bryce Thornton -
Number of replies: 8
This is just me being nit-picky, but is there any reason that the CHANGES file still exists in the root Moodle directory? Moodle Docs & CVS do a great job of documenting changes from release to release. The file doesn't seem to have been updated for a few years now.

Thanks,
Bryce
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryce Thornton

Re: Any Need For The CHANGES File?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I second that and vote for the removing of that useless file from all current Moodle distributions.
Joseph
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I was about to say my +1 for that, but i've verified, and i only find the CHANGES file in an old Moodle 1.5 distribution, and not in the others i have on my server (1.6.x+, 1.7.x+, 1.8.x+, 1.9 dev) wink

There is a README.txt file in all distributions, but i think this one must stay smile
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Bryce Thornton -
Hmm. I think it's still there. Take a look at the CVS trunk.
In reply to Bryce Thornton

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I can't help with CVS (i don't use it), but with the moodle-latest-xx.tgz, the CHANGES file isn't there...
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
... but it is in a clean CVS download of HEAD.
It should not be there.
In reply to koen roggemans

by Wen Hao Chuang -
So.. could Martin or anyone remove it? I have to say that I second to remove the CHANGES from the CVS trunk, however, I did find the following link useful (but it is not sync with the CHANGES in CVS, although they share the same filename):

http://download.moodle.org/stable18/CHANGES

This link could always give me a quick idea what recent changes were committed into the core. Maybe the key is to make the CHANGES file sync with that file (link)?