myUdutu Activity Module Support

myUdutu Activity Module Support

by Cagdas Essiz -
Number of replies: 29
Hi Moodle community,

A new activity module has just been released today for the free myUdutu course authoring tool. The module will allow Moodle users to easily create and edit SCORM compliant courses with myUdutu and add them as activities in Moodle.

The myUdutu module can be found here:

This topic is here for the support of users of this new module, and for any feedback.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

Re: myUdutu Activity Module Support

by Roger Mundell -
link doesn't seem to go anywhere?
In reply to Roger Mundell

by Roger Mundell -
Oh, sorry...it works now!
In reply to Roger Mundell

by Roger Mundell -
found a small bug. When I installed it I had to name the mod subfolder "udutu" or else it wouldn't install properly. Found this by trial and error, (at first I had called it myudutu) so you should automate the naming of the folder.
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Cagdas Essiz -

The initial release of this module had an important omission from the installation instructions (the module needs to be created into a folder called 'udutu'), and a bug that would keep the plug-in from finding www.myudutu.com when it tried to download a course.  Once these things have been corrected and tested, we will issue a new release.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Cagdas Essiz -

The installation instructions have been corrected, and the bug has been fixed.   The plug-in should work without issue, now!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Philippe Verdenal -
myUdutu Activity Module just installed in a moodle 1.8.2 site...
I just set "debugging on" and running a cron job gives the following warning messages:

==================================================
Server Time: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:02:21 +0100

Starting activity modules
Processing module function assignment_cron ...done.
Processing module function chat_cron ...done.
Processing module function forum_cron ...done.
Processing module function journal_cron ...done.
Processing module function scorm_cron ...done.
Processing module function workshop_cron ...done.
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant UPDATE_NEVER already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>4</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant UPDATE_ONCHANGE already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>5</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant UPDATE_EVERYDAY already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>6</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant UPDATE_EVERYTIME already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>7</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant SCO_ALL already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>9</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant SCO_DATA already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>10</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant SCO_ONLY already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>11</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant GRADESCOES already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>13</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant GRADEHIGHEST already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>14</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant GRADEAVERAGE already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>15</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant GRADESUM already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />

<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant HIGHESTATTEMPT already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>22</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant AVERAGEATTEMPT already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant FIRSTATTEMPT already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>24</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Constant LASTATTEMPT already defined in <b>/home/geowide/public_html/cals182/mod/udutu/locallib.php</b> on line <b>25</b><br />
Processing module function udutu_cron ...done.
Finished activity modules
Starting blocks
Finished blocks
Updating languages cache
Removing expired enrolments ...none found
Running backups if required...
Checking backup status...OK
Getting admin info
Deleting old data
Checking courses
Skipping deleted courses
0 courses
Competence Assurance & Learning System
Next execution: Friday, 10 August 2007, 12:00 AM

Next execution: Friday, 10 August 2007, 12:00 AM
Backup tasks finished.
Running auth crons if required...
Cron script completed correctly
Execution took 1.250958 seconds
==================================================

Thanks in advance for any help...
In reply to Philippe Verdenal

by Cagdas Essiz -
Hey Philippe,

Thanks for letting us now about this warnings. I fixed them, so you can download the module again with modified files.

Did you have any problems running the module with this warnings? Or did it worked just fine?

Best Regards,
Cagdas
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Philippe Verdenal -
Hi Cagdas,

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry for my late answer...
I tried to run the module yesterday, and it was working fine indeed. An finally I read your post today... I will update it anyway according to your last post.
Thanks for all.

In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Philippe Verdenal -
I just uploaded the files [locallib.php] and [mod_form.php] to my site.
No more warnings... Thanks for your update.
Cheers.
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Johnathan Kemp -
Hello Cagdas,

I have just tried installing the udutu module in an installation with Moodle 1.8.2 using apache 2.0.59, PostgreSQL 8.2 PHP 5.2.3.

After extracting the udutu plugin files so that I have a folder structure
..../moodle/mod/udutu/db
..../moodle/mod/udutu/datamodels
etc.

I logged on as the administrator and clicked on Notification.

I then got the rather confusing display of

At the top of the screen "No warnings - Scroll to the continue button"
but beneath that the message
"Tried to modify database but "c:\program files\apache group\ apache2\htdocs\moodle/mod/udutu/db/postgres7.sql" does not exist!"

"udutu tables could NOT be set up successfully!"

1. Does your module work with postgreSQL 8.2?
2. Does your installation script need to be modified so that the path being looked for does not contain a combination of "\" and "/" ?
3. Is there an issue with recognising the version of postgeSQL being used. I know that moodle does not appear to differentiate between version 7 or 8 hence possibly the reason why your install script was looking for a postgreSQL 7 file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Johnathan
In reply to Johnathan Kemp

by Cagdas Essiz -
Hey Johnathan,

Unfortunately myUdutu module doesn't support postgresql right now, but its gonna be implemented soon, and i will post it here.

Thanks,

Cagdas
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Cagdas Essiz -
Hello moodle community,

There were some bugs on user tracking and some people were getting blank pages when they launch myUdutu courses. They all are fixed now.

Best Regards,

Cagdas
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Conrad Law -

I installed the module for 1.8, went through notifications and when I tried to add the myUdutu activity this is what I got, followed by the myUdutu Activity screen.  I was using MOODLE 1.8, then upgraded to 1.8.2 and still get the same result.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Thanks.
Conrad

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Warning: Missing argument 1 for HTML_QuickForm::addElement(), called in /home/securi11/public_html/mod/udutu/mod_form.php on line 225 and defined in /home/securi11/public_html/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php on line 595

Notice: Undefined variable: element in /home/securi11/public_html/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php on line 597
QuickForm Error: unregistered element Element '' does not exist in HTML_QuickForm::_loadElement()
Backtrace :

Array ( [0] => Array ( [file] => /home/securi11/public_html/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm.php 
[line] => 1984 [function] => PEAR_Error [class] => PEAR_Error [type] .........................
In reply to Conrad Law

by Cagdas Essiz -
Hey Conrad,

I am aware of that warning, and i'm gonna deal with it soon. Do you have any problems running the activity? It should work fine with that warning.

Thanks,
Cagdas

In reply to Conrad Law

by Conrad Law -

It worked even with the warning messages.  When I uploaded a small MyUdutu file but I got this message in the middle of the screen that allowed me to select my scenario.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Conrad

Notice: Use of undefined constant UPDATE_EVERYTIME - assumed 'UPDATE_EVERYTIME' in /home/securi11/public_html/mod/udutu/locallib.php on line 511

In reply to Conrad Law

by Cagdas Essiz -
Thanks for pointing out that Conrad. All fixed now (including the warning you mentioned in your previous post) and I've updated the module.

Cagdas
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by David Matelot -
I downloaded and installed the udutu plugin (ver 1.8) as specified in the udutu video tutorial.

I then logged into Moodle and clicked on the Notifications link. Moodle the displayed the setting up module screen, however, it does not show that it is/has installed anything.

I extracted the the plugin zip file to the following location on my web server:

[my website]/subdomains/moodle/httpdocs/mod/udutu

In the tutorial it stated that the plugin should be installed in the following location:

inetpub/wwwroot/moodle/mod/udutu

I realise that this is different, however, the location stated is for a server running IIS, my server is a Linux box running Apache.

Does anyone have any ideas on what may be wrong.

Kind regards

David
In reply to David Matelot

by Cagdas Essiz -
Hello David,

Myudutu activity files should be in the following location:

[Your moodle Installation]/mod/udutu

It seems like you put it on the right place, but i suggest just go there and check the files.

For example, is install.xml file in the right location?

[Your moodle Installation]/mod/udutu/db/install.xml

And which database management system are you using?

Thanks

In reply to Cagdas Essiz

locallib.php

by Gene Liverman -
I uploaded the module and then decided I should point to our server so I edited the line in locallib.php but it still goes to http://www.myudutu.com/myudutu/moodlelogin.aspx instead of http://mywebsite/MyUdutu/moodlelogin.aspx when I click on "Get myUdutu Course."

Please advise.
In reply to Gene Liverman

Re: locallib.php

by Cagdas Essiz -
Hey Gene,

It doesn't the new path because that variable is already set. You can comment out the "if" statement surrounding that line of code , which checks if the path variable is set or not. Once your path value is set just remove the commenting.

Thanks
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Steve Brimley -
I installed Moodle on a godaddy site. It works great until I tried to install the udutu activity module. I uploaded the udutu folder under mod/ but I get this error:

Module udutu: /home/content/E/x/p/ExpressL/html/moodle/mod/udutu/version.php was not readable

Security Warning: to operate properly, Moodle requires
that you make certain changes to your current PHP settings.

You must set register_globals=off.

This setting is controlled by editing your php.ini, Apache/IIS
configuration or .htaccess file.

Enabling the PHP setting display_errors is not recommended on production sites because some error messages may reveal sensitive information about your server.

I'm not sure I have access to make changes to anything on the site.

Any suggestions?

Here is the version.php:

<?php // $Id: version.php,v 1.49.2.1 2007/03/13 22:09:24 bobopinna Exp $

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/// Code fragment to define the version of udutu
/// This fragment is called by moodle_needs_upgrading() and /admin/index.php
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// NOTE The version below was accidentally set a month into the future! We need to
// catch up now, so until 27th October please only increment in very tiny steps
// in HEAD, until we get past that date..

$module->version = 2007031300; // The (date) version of this module
$module->requires = 2007020200; // The version of Moodle that is required
$module->cron = 300; // How often should cron check this module (seconds)?

?>

In reply to Steve Brimley

by Cagdas Essiz -
Hello Steve,

It seems like moodle can't find version.php file. Make sure that this path exists

[your moodle installation]\mod\udutu\version.php.

It should be exactly like this, not like:

[your moodle installation]\mod\udutu\udutu\version.php.

BR
Cagdas

In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Steve Brimley -
What should be in the version.php file?
In reply to Steve Brimley

by Cagdas Essiz -
the version.php file you posted is the right one. Did you check the path?
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by FirstMac Administrator -
Hi,
I have downloaded and installed the myUdutu actiivty module this morning. The installation appeared to work fine, no errors in the notifications. However i am getting the following error when I try to get a course from myUdutu using the 'get course' option on the activity.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.myudutu.com/myudutu/CustomerExtractions/Customer11917/archives/course20366.zip) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: Connection refused in /usr/share/moodle/mod/udutu/getfile.php on line 9 Sorry there was a problem uploading PrivacyAct
Any ideas?
In reply to Cagdas Essiz

by Sarai Solis -

hello!!!

I want to know if this module is free or I have to pay for use it?