Updated en_utf8 lang files

Updated en_utf8 lang files

by Stuart Anderson -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Ludo and team,

As promised I have spent some many tedious hours writing/updating the very necessary help docs for the nwiki. My brains may now dribble out of my ears...! wink

I've looked at other help files from more established modules such as the forum activity so that I followed conventions for use of HTML headers and general layout. All the help docs I've tidied/updated conform to XHTML strict with the exception of two which contain target="_blank" attributes. All help docs have been spell checked and the grammar should 99% fine(!).

The rankings.html help file was missing from the last nwiki release so I've written that. The only other addition I've written is an nwiki markup "cheatsheet", rather like the ones mediawiki have documented. I found these useful the first time I had to use a wiki so I'm sure other new users will too. You can get to it from a link within the "howtowiki_nwiki.html" page. If you feel it is inappropriate it can be removed.

This exercise has help me spot bugs which I will report another time. Though since I've writing... I did notice that the HTML wiki doesn't provide any option for users to upload files or images to the server. I think users will expect this as you could attach files in the old wiki. Secondly, Personal Stamps seem to reflect only the user who was currently logged in and viewing a page, rather than the user whom inserted the personal stamp. Also, the time stamp in the personal stamp just reflect the current server time when the page loads. I'm guessing this is not the desired behaviour.

I've pasted in the comments I've made about the help docs for your own reference. I'm happy to keep them up-to-date as new features are added or as bugs are fixed.

Hope the work on the core code is going well. Have a nice weekend!

--Stuart.

File Location Notes

attach.html Edit wiki page
contributions.html Block – Contributions Block Help description different from observed behaviour. The following does not happen in the block. Change the help file or fix the block? “Near every page name, the block shows the last modification date and, if the last version author isn't you, the author icon.”
differences.html History > Version > Differences
ead.html Block – Administration Tools Missing information about some admin tools. Check with Ludo which to list
editors.html Wiki settings – Optional Reference to dfwiki to describe the different editor now changed to “nwiki”. Referred to old wiki as being that prior to moodle 1.9. Need to change this if nwiki doesn't make it to 1.9
howtowiki_nwiki.html Wiki editing in nwiki mode Images – inserting from an external URL does not work. Inserting swf files does not work.Personal stamps reflect currently logged in user, not the use that inserted the stamp
howtowiki_nwiki_cheatsheet.html (**NEW**) Linked from howtowiki_nwiki.html
howtowiki_ewiki.html Wiki editing in ewiki mode ewiki toolbar not fully reflecting the markup. Some parts still seem to be nwiki like
howtowiki_htmleditor.html Wiki editing in HTML mode File attachments – there appears to be no way for students to attach files or images. This feature is essential for backward compatibility. <nolink> markup requires editing of raw HTML rather than through the editor. Suggest it should be the other way around.
index.html Block – Index Note that links to uncreated pages are shown in red in the wiki and with a question mark in the index block.
index_current.html Block – Index from current Note that links to uncreated pages are shown in red in the wiki and with a question mark in the index block.
list_pages.html Block – List pages
mods.html Wiki settings – module description
navigator.html Block – Navigator
new_page.html Block – New Page Need clarification of how this should work. Currently appears to do nothing. Fixed in next wiki version
orphaned.html Block – Ophaned Pages
privileges.html Wiki settings – Optional More privileges need to be added to documentation once I figure out what they all do!
ranking.html (**NEW**) Block – Ranking
search.html Block – Search Search results are not showing in the main area.
synonymous.html Block – Page Synonyms
template.html ??? Not linked from anywhere ??? Not got this working yet so unable to verify accuracy of help document
timelineFranges.html Timeline tool
timelineHeight.html Timeline tool
updated.html Block – Updated pages Note that links to uncreated pages are shown in red in the wiki and with a question mark in the index block.
wanted.html Block – Wanted Pages

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stuart Anderson

Re: Updated en_utf8 lang files

by Stuart Anderson -
P.S. - I've also corrected a typo in the wiki Strings lang file. I'll keep an eye out for any more mistakes.