Ability to unsubscribe/unenroll all in one place?

Ability to unsubscribe/unenroll all in one place?

by Chardelle Busch -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers

I don't know anything about external authentication so thought maybe that would be an answer to the following???

1.  I thought a great feature would be if users could have a more control over their account from their profile page.  Specifically if the page could list all of the courses (maybe) and forums they are enrolled or subscribed to, each with a link to unenroll or unsubscribe. 

E.g.:   You are subscribed to the following forums:

1.            General Forum    unsubscribe 
  2.            Developer Forum unsubscribe 

2.  It would also be a nice feature if a user can have the ability to delete their profile from the database by themselves. 

E.g., a link such as Delete(Cancel) My Account(Membership) that would take them to a warning type of page:  Are you sure you'd like to cancel your membership with us? Canceling this account completely removes your profile from our database.....

Any insight or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

Chardelle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chardelle Busch

Re: Ability to unsubscribe/unenroll all in one place?

by Eneko Arriaga -
Along with what Chardelle suggests, I would like to suggest that that there be a related feature for admins and teachers.

An Indication next to the "Subscribe/Unsubscribe from forum" at the top of each forum/news showing:

An icon stating if subscription is compulsory or not.

If subscription to that forum is not compulsory a link "View subscribed" that would take the admin/teacher to a list of all subscribed or to a full list of the class with a Subscribed/Unsubscribed colum would be interesting.

Maybe the icon and the "View subscribed" should only be seen if editing is on.

There goes my 2 cents.
In reply to Eneko Arriaga

by Eneko Arriaga -
All I said is already implemented in the forums but not the "View subscribed" in the Site news as far as I can see. sonrojado I am trying to understand how I could miss the rest. Sorry.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by A. Montz -
You are probably thinking about a "My Account" where a member is presented with a control panel, and perhaps listing all his/her courses taken, forums subscribed, skins, change email, change password, subscribe/unsubscribe, etc.

All these can be done, but this would have to be programmed as an entirely new  module. Perhaps you can copy your post to the developers' forum for volunteer programmers who may want to develop this very useful module.

Monty