Icons in navigation jump menu

Icons in navigation jump menu

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Did no-one notice the icons in the navigation jump menu on moodle.org? smile

They don't work in all browsers, but I don't think they break anything. Worth putting into core?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Icons in navigation jump menu

by Mauno Korpelainen -
I had not noticed (because IE7 does not show those background images for options) but I came back with Firefox and they really have a bracing effect + in IE they work like indent.
Attachment yes.png
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Julian Ridden -

Nice,

Like Mauno, didnt see them becasue of IE7. But hey, why should IE7 start recognising fully compliant CSS now after all these years.

Looks nice in Firefox.

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

No I didn't. Safari and Opera don't show them either.

Is this nice Firefox only "effect" worth the additional load of the extra XHTML?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I had not noticed because I never use the Jump to... menu, which I find more confusing than helpful.
Joseph

by Tariq Adel Al Ammadi -
I think it looks good, so I am for it smile.

TBH though, I never use the Jump to menu. When I had a look at it today I wondered why is Jump to... in the menu mingled in with the other items and not at the top? Surely this would be a point of confusion for some users?

Attachment screenshot_jump_to.png
In reply to Tariq Adel Al Ammadi

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
+1 from me too approve I've noticed that certain students use the jump menu a lot.

Tariq, I guess the reason why "Jump to..." is in the middle of the menu is because it replaces the activity you're currently in (the Themes forum in this case).
In reply to Helen Foster

by Tariq Adel Al Ammadi -
My question was posed from a usability point of view as Jump to... is not significantly different enough from the other items for it to jump out (no pun intended) as a non-option.