Minor issue of HTML editor in moodle 1.8

Minor issue of HTML editor in moodle 1.8

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Number of replies: 13
Hi guys, I think I didn't experience this issue in earlier version of Moodle. But I have encountered several instances of this on moodle.org or our own testing server with moodle 1.8. Sometimes the HTML editor would render the "Enlarge editor" button out of bound. I have filed a bug report on moodle bug tracker. Just wondering if anyone also experienced this issue before and what might be the cause of this? Thanks!

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-9621
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

Re: Minor issue of HTML editor in moodle 1.8

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Wen - Yes, I have seen this too although I do not recall if it was with FF/IE or both. Actually I am seeing it here in this window with FF 2.0.0.3. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Andy Tagliani -
The bug still exist, here on this site (FF 2.0.0.4) the second symbol line shows me the error, on my site in the first line. I play a little on a test installation, i copy the editor folder from moodle 1.7x into 1.8.1 and the bug goes away. The editor seems to work without any problem! The editor works before too, so i think its only a optical bug...!?

With my IE7 i did not have the problem!

Andy

In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
As far as I can see this problem appears when the Spell checker is enabled (see attached). Looks like the spell checker icon "pushes" the Enlarge editor button out of the buttons row. Do you agree?
Joseph
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Andy Tagliani -
Yes i can Joseph, but what did you say to my screenshot, when i enable the aspell checker? If i disable the aspell checker, the first line goes out of area...

Bye Andy

Attachment editor_error.gif
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Andy Tagliani -
Now see the same moodle version with my play, when i copy the folder editor from moodle 1.7x to 1.8.1 (in this case without the aspell checker). You see, in this screenshot you have not the choice to select the language.

Andy
Attachment editor_without_error.gif

by Ramon Eixarch -
I don't beleive this is a minor issue, quality is always important, and that kind of problems give users a bad sesation of Moodle features.

Please everybody, vote in tracker http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-9837 to get it solved snooner.
In reply to Ramon Eixarch

by Andy Tagliani -
Ramon

They discuss about a new editor, becuas the html area has some more bugs. I think they cant not fix this, and in front of a new editor they will not fix, what i understand.

Andy

by Steve Garcia -
Well, HTMLArea does have some bugs, but this bug is relatively new. It worked in earlier versions of Moodle. There have been a few other bugs introduced into the Moodle version of HTMLArea in the last few releases as well -- Preformatted text (in <pre> tags) gets scrambled up as well.

by N Hansen -
I always thought that was intentional-showing you that it would open as a popup.
In reply to N Hansen

by Andy Tagliani -
Steve, i mean this bug comes up, because there comes one new field, the language. This field is/was not in other versions. But it is only a optical bug i think, not nice, but we all have our little problem wink

Andy

by Steve Garcia -
Yeah, that makes sense.

I'm pretty sure that HTMLArea is dead upstream (it was last time I looked, but open source projects can sometimes be revived...), so any changes are happening in Moodle.
In reply to N Hansen

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I agree that it looks intentional, and I rather like it the way it is, in fact!wink
Joseph

by Roger Emery -
Well my 1.7 build doesn't do that - I've only noticed it since going to 1.8