How can I add math formula in Scorm package

How can I add math formula in Scorm package

by Mr. Shortcut -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, In our scorm package, we have some parts need to show math formular, for example in multi-choice question. I've tried typing latex but I can't show after run scorm in moodle. Anyone could show me anyway to do that?

thanks,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mr. Shortcut

Re: How can I add math formula in Scorm package

by John Isner -
A SCORM package consists of some self-contained Web content that you create outside Moodle. Moodle merely "plays" the SCORM package. So if you have formulas written in LaTeX, Moodle will not render them, even if the TeX filter is turned on.

How did you create your math quiz? Your SCORM package?

Here's one possible way it could be done. Use ExamView to create a math quiz and export it as HTML. When you export, formulas in your test are saved as GIF images (the HTML pages have img tags that point to the images). Package the HTML and images in a SCORM package and upload it into Moodle.
In reply to John Isner

by Mr. Shortcut -

Many thanks for your answer. I use scorm to package some lessons with summary questions end of them.

First question: How can I turn on Tex filter for Scorm player? Infact, I've already turned it on in administration part and can see fine result for quiz. But when I type latex in some pages in scorm, it's not rendered.

Second question: I am using exe for composing scorm package and use multi-choice question for some parts. In that, I have no way to insert image for formular. Any suggestion in detail, so i can solve my problem?

Thanks,

In reply to Mr. Shortcut

by John Isner -
How can I turn on Tex filter for Scorm player?

You can't. I thought I made that clear. Moodle is your SCORM player, and it doesn't look at the package content. It just plays it.

I am using exe for composing scorm package and use multi-choice question for some parts. In that, I have no way to insert image for formula

That's a shortcoming of exe. You need a better tool. That's why I used ExamView in my example.

In reply to John Isner

by Jerry Prewitt -
John,  I have been using using Examview to write math questions and quizzes.  I am having trouble converting the exported html and image into a scorm package to upload into my moodle class.  I found a freeware scorm editor called Reload Editor.  But I am not having much luck getting a workable scorm package out of it.  If you have a particular program or some tips on how to convert an examview html quiz into a scorm package, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.  Jerry
In reply to Jerry Prewitt

by John Isner -
I don't have a working copy of ExamView to test with, but I don't think ExamView can directly export SCORM. Export html and then use the RELOAD editor to package the html (together with any other files ExamView exports with the HTML, such as images) into a SCORM package. Here are some handy references (you probably won't need the manual):
If you run into trouble, zip up your html files and e-mail them to me at john dot isner at gmail dot com. I'll package them for you and explain how I did it. Or at least I'll try smile