draft of new type of ressource : link to other resource

draft of new type of ressource : link to other resource

by Étienne Rozé -
Number of replies: 2
Hello !

I would like to show you the implentation ( it's a draft) of an idea I had . I want to offer the possibility to use the same resource in several courses. With this system a teacher can make a course with several pedagogical resources from banks prepared in other courses.

I had the idea to inspire me by links in unix systemfile.
I created a new resource type : link. It works actually only with text or html resource in the last Moodle version.

When you create/edit a link, you have to choose in the list of all text or html resource present in the list of courses returned by the function my_course(). (Yes, I said you that it was a draft wink

When you click on the resource link in the course page, you can see the resource text such as a "real" resource of the current course.

I know this system puts a lot of questions : backup questions, right gestion questions, security questions, etc... I can't answer alone.
So what do you think it ?

To try, just unzip the file in the moodle/mod/resource/type directory.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Étienne Rozé

Re: draft of new type of ressource : link to other resource

by Steve Power -

Etienne

This is very interesting, I would have a lot of use for such a resource.

However when I try to use it I only get the Name and Summary entry boxes nothing further. What version of Moodle is it intended for?

Regards
Steve

In reply to Steve Power

Re: draft of new type of ressource : link to other resource

by Étienne Rozé -
Steve,

This version is for Moodle ....1.9 !!! The latest development Moodle version.
But you can find a version for Moodle 1.7 here in the french development forum. Remember that is a not tested version.