Customize the first page.

Customize the first page.

by yair pery -
Number of replies: 17

hi,

I would like to know how do i change moodle's first page. not all the theme but only the center part.

thank's alot.

Yair

Average of ratings: -
In reply to yair pery

Re: Customize the first page.

by Patrick Malley -
Yair -

I can think of a number of different ways to answer your question. Can you be more specific about what it is you're trying to accomplish? For example, do you want to make the center column look a certain way? If so, what way is that? Do you want to change the content that appears in the center column? If so, that is possible through your site settings.

Specific questions about your problem will always yield the most results.
In reply to Patrick Malley

Re: Customize the inner page.

by amala loganathan -
How to customise inner pages. I can change the home page . But could not change inner page
In reply to yair pery

by Julian Ridden -
You will be suprised how much you can do with labels.

Check out http://montenet.monte.nsw.edu.au

This is a standard 1.7.1 moodle install with no core code changed. The middle of the hompage lyout was all acheived by putting html in a label in the topic box at the top of the page.

Hope that gives you some ideas.
Attachment demo.gif
In reply to Julian Ridden

by mat young -

Hi love the site, i am guessing the "label" is like a html frame? would say i absoloutley love the design... was it all done in house? very very nice...  cool

In reply to mat young

by Julian Ridden -
Thanks for the comments. Yes, was all done inhouse.

People are forever overlooking the power of labels. I use it to add all manner of things to homepages from html to flash. Provides alot of options.

by sastha L -
Hi Julian,
I m new to Moodle and v r developing our inhouse site using Moodle and I got stuck up with the first page customization,I tried a lot and finally i landed with ur posting. using ur site as an reference i tried hard,even i searched 4 a complete documentation abt labels but nothing comes to my rescue.Can u explain me the steps do reflect the contents seen in your page......

Plez Share ur ideas and help me to learn....

Thanks well in advance..
By
Sastha L
In reply to sastha L

by mat young -

Hi as julian says the main part with all his images and ours is a label (this maybe 1.7 onwards) with in that you can click the <> button and add any html you wish and design your dream site!  

(java i am finding you may have to switch on with the core controls)

i am guessing that css can be applied through this - although i have never tried it...

In reply to mat young

by T Brown -

Mat - I really like your front page - I think I may try something like that myself. I don't know about anyone else but as I am new to Moodle I am completely lost most of the time - I don't know a thing about PHP. I do understand HTML / CSS so your front page is an achievable way for me to apply a bit of 'style'.

Just one thing - how did you get the online support box and web links box to sit side by side? Using CSS or tables?

In reply to mat young

by shivaprasad imdapur -

Hi.. I want to change the admin home page of moodle. I want to add my own content to that page. can you help me to how to customize the page.

Thank u in advance

In reply to shivaprasad imdapur

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there. Go to site admin>front page>front page settings and tick the "include a topic section" box. Then  you will be able to edit the page if you turn on the editing and add text and images or whatever.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by shivaprasad imdapur -

Hi Mary Cooch.. I want to add following text to my admin home page..

1. Add user as a teacher.

2. Add user as a student.

3. Time-table of teacher.

... so on i want add these types of text to admin page. can u tell me to how to add..?

Thank u..

In reply to Mary Cooch

by shivaprasad imdapur -

Hi.. one more qn i would like to ask you.. Is it possible to customize a php file in moodle.? if so how?

Thank you.

In reply to shivaprasad imdapur

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This question has nothing to do with Themes.  You should try asking these sort of questions in the most appropriate forum. I suggest Using Moodle as a good place to find out more about what can or cannot be done in Moodle.

Also if you are Administrator for your Moodle site, try reading the Moodle Docs on the subjects you want to learn more about. Administration FAQ is a good starting point.

HTH

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by sam forbes -

Hi there

I am very new to all this and as a designer I love what you have achieved. However I seem to get the login page from your link what would I log in as to see your nicely designed front page?

many thanks

Sam