1.8 Problems

1.8 Problems

by Mauno Korpelainen -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I have been testing moodle 1.8 and got two problems:

1) When I try to change default language of my site (language settings) or default language from my profile it does not work. If I do it with lang menu language changes (untill I login again). The problem is that if I have language cache on or off the situation is the same and in database I have correct default language - but it is not the same I see !

2) Statistics don't work (I checked the settings from 1.7)

Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

Re: 1.8 Problem viewing Quiz Attempts

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Tim - Just a heads up ... I'm not sure where this error is coming from. I tried to import the data from my production sites metacourse (running 1.6.4+) in to 1.8 (latest CVS as of earlier today). The import seemed to go fine; however, when I went to view the quiz results I could not access any of the students attempts. I don't know if this is a roles issue or not. I was logged in as admin so I would think that I have full rights to the course but who knows. In any case, I have attached a screen shot just to make you aware of this possible issue. I will continue troubleshooting until I can isolate whether it is a backup/restore issue, something in the database, something in the code, etc. When I have a better idea I will create an issue in the tracker. Peace - Anthony

Re: 1.8 Problems

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This is confirm Mauno's problem #1 and to add to it.

Using Moodle 1.8 beta with French language pack installed.

• Site language = English
  • On site front page, language drop-down list select Français. The interface is now in French.
  • On site front page, language drop-down list select English.
  • In Admin profile set Preferred language to French -> interface remains in English.
  • In course settings, set Force language to French -> interface remains in English.

Joseph

by Mauno Korpelainen -

I added default language bug to http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-8598

Has anybody got statistics working in moodle 1.8?

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have found the problem - it will be fixed today, sorry for the trouble and thanks for the report!