Invisible wiki (but visible in edit mode)

Invisible wiki (but visible in edit mode)

by Carlos Guerrero -
Number of replies: 9

I'm using the standard wiki module on a 1.7+ installation. The wiki with this problem is in group mode without groups. At first everything was OK, but after a few editions by students the wiki has become invisible.

However, even though the "view" tab shows nothing, when you click on the "edit" tab the content is just there! I couldn't find a similar case in the forums.

What might have happened? Any help welcome. Thank you for your attention.

Carlos

Seville, Spain

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Guerrero

Re: Invisible wiki (but visible in edit mode)

by Rob Harris -
We're having a very similar problem with the standard wiki on Moodle 1.8+. Most of our wiki pages are fine, but for one wiki, content is only visible in the editor window. If the user goes to the 'view' tab, no content is visible.

We're halfway to identifying the problem, since we've tracked it down to the multimedia filter. If you disable this, the wiki behaves as normal!

Carlos, I wonder if this is the same for your wiki?

I assume there's some piece of html in the content of the wiki page that is triggering the filter to behave strangely, but I've no idea what it might be (any suggestions?)

The content for the page was been cut-and-pasted in from MS word, and there were no subsequent edits. I'm very eager to figure out what is going on here, and how many wiki pages it is likely to affect!

In reply to Rob Harris

by Chris Edwards -

Hi,

Having the same problems.  Where do I cange the Multimedia filter please?

Chris

by sulochana sooriyaarachchi -
I have the problem other way round. When I first type something and save, the text appears in the view mode. When I go to edit it, nothing appears. wiki has gone invisible in the edit mode.

moodle version - 1.6
browser - mozilla firefox 5

Note: The title of that wiki had '&' sign. After this sign the part of the title is also missing. Is there anything to do with '&'?
In reply to sulochana sooriyaarachchi

by Rob Harris -
Does the wiki work correctly if you remove the & from the title?
In reply to Rob Harris

by chris dennison -
The page matching routines can get confused if you include non alpha-numeric characters in the names.

Check your 'orphaned' pages - you might find pages there.

Regards Chris
In reply to chris dennison

by Gloria Doherty -
We also discovered that you can exceed the data display capacity for an individual page in a wiki (1.6). While the data is still accessible in your database, the page no longer displays in the view mode.

Capacity is quickly exceeded when doing cut-and-paste work from MS Word. If editors don't delete the 'bloated' Word code, they'll overrun the capacity of the page with what appears to be a modest amount of text.
In reply to Gloria Doherty

by Guido van der Waals -

I have the same problem. When I split a page the wiki becomes visible.

Does anyone know the maximum of data on one wikiPage?

by Guido van der Waals -

When I try the HTML-mode I see strange things.

When I open in the edit mode a non visible page I found a lot of rubbish.
So I found approximaly a hundred times the same html-code. For instance the following line: <ddiv cclass="iindent" sstyle="mmargin-lleft: 15ppx">,/ddiv> boosaardigThe first letter of every word begins not with the same two letters. So I made them up. When I try the right line it will be automatically transformed.boosaardig

Could someone with the same problem take a also a look in the HTML-code (the button: <>)?