multiple answers query

multiple answers query

by Sandra Hale -
Number of replies: 6

We are trying to create an exam where with multiple answers, the candidate if they get all the answers correct for a question get 1 mark.. that works but the other side is if they pick any of the wrong answers they are automatically graded 0 for that question, doesnt matter if they have selected all the correct answers as well.

Is this possible and if so how??

Thanks

Sandi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sandra Hale

Re: multiple answers query

by Bill Click -
Couldn't you just make each of the incorrect answers at a negative 100% so if any of these were selected the student would get 0 points?  I believe this is how it was explained previously on the board.
In reply to Sandra Hale

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Sandra,

There have already been countless posts in this Moodle quiz forum on the topic of multiple choice, multiple answers grading. The problem is that different people have different views about the ideal grading system, and the built-in grading system cannot satisfy all of those often contradictory views.wink

If you could tell us exactly what you want to achieve, then it might be possible to help you. Please provide real examples, and say explicitly what grade you wish to give when students select all or some of the correct answers and all or some of the wrong ones. And do look at all the other posts on this same subject, where you may find the answer to your query...

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Sandra Hale -

Thanks Folks

I havent seen this one come up before here is an example

Which of the following information is required by law to be shown on a certificate of motor insurance?

Possible answers pick all that apply

Name of policy holder

Date of commencement of insurance

Expiry date

Type of cover provided

Confirmation that cover complies with UK statutory requirements

Policy Excess

Person or classes of person entitled to drive

Limitations of use

Scoring: if all the correct ones are checked and they dont know how many that is they get one mark

If they check any wrong answer then the total score is 0 doesnt matter if they have picked all the correct answers or not

Hope that helps

Thanks

Sandi

In reply to Sandra Hale

by Sandra Hale -

Sorry need to put the answer in:

on this one there are 6 correct answers and 2 incorrect .. All 6 have to be checked to score 1 point so if the candidate just checks 5 correct instead of getting 5/6ths of 1 they still get 0

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

Sandi

In reply to Sandra Hale

by Just H -
Hi Sandi

For the first example (i.e. getting 0 even if they get 5 right and 1 wrong) setting the correct answers to 16.666% and the wrong to -100% should sort that out (not sure as haven't tried it).

For the second example (i.e. getting 0 if they pick 5 correct but don't pick a sixth answer) don't think that can be done as it stands. Think that would need some code written and therefore, a new question type. Sorry I can't help you on that side of things.