Installing 1.7-latest getting stuck in creation of tables

Re: Installing 1.7-latest getting stuck in creation of tables

by Bernadette Papin -
Number of replies: 11

Hi again Ken,

Well, I'm learning about scripts etc the hard way! Here is a copy of my phpinfo. As far as I could check so far, restrictions on my hosted site are:

100Mb Database memory, supports only MyISAM or InnoDB (whatever those types of tables are) and it uses PHP-4.4.4. They've also removed the "import" feature so I can't import the tables from my PC. sad

Their turnaround time for answers to questions is not great at the moment (1und1.de) so I'll dump the tables in my mysqladmin, it doesn't take long, and try again (and again, ...)

Regards

Bernadette

(Edited by Helen Foster - php info copied and pasted into attached text file - original submission Wednesday, 10 January 2007, 06:03 PM)

In reply to Bernadette Papin

by White Wolf -

"They've also removed the "import" feature so I can't import the tables from my PC."

prekvapenie Is it possible??? I've heard this for the first time to disable an access to import function on mysql for user. Is it commercial webhosting?

In reply to White Wolf

by Bernadette Papin -
I guess it's a security measure. I was surprised as well, and yes it is a commerically-run webhosting service.

by Mauno Korpelainen -

That "Import"-button is the same as SQL-button 

Do you find it?

Attachment image.gif
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by White Wolf -
This is only partially true. SQL doesn't import sql file. You can "import" sql manually there. Just open .sql file, copy and paste tables into SQL screen. While working with empty tables you can do it just in one step - copy all tables and past them to SQL screen.
In reply to White Wolf

by Mauno Korpelainen -
In my version of phpMyAdmin I press SQL and "Browse my PC for finding .sql file. After selecting a proper .sql file, I press Go" (as you said) and sql file is imported to database just as needed. It is possible to copy and paste those sql commands too but it is no way necessary...
In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by White Wolf -
In that case, it's OK to use SQL link.ceriť sa What version of phpMyAdmin you use? I am using phpMyAdmin - 2.9.1.1 where SQL and Import are two different functions.
In reply to White Wolf

by Mauno Korpelainen -

In version phpMyAdmin 2.6.2 import is made with SQL, I have also an other server with 2.9.1.1 and there are two different buttons for SQL and Import (just as you said)

Hosts may have "self made" versions too , I have seen at least one... but it was possible to install own version of phpMyAdmin instead of limited version.

by White Wolf -
I would change the provider. This security restriction is too limiting.
In reply to White Wolf

by Bernadette Papin -

Guys I'm close to giving up! Now I've been trying to export the database to a SQL file to import it to my site (thanks for the tip about the button!) but I keep getting an error: "Missing parameters: what

Missing parameters: export_type

Now what? Sigh!!!!

by Ken Wilson -

Hi Bernadette

The phpinfo page looks OK, with only the session.bug_compat_warn setting not as in the moodle requirements - but this should not effect the database. The version of mysql needs to be 4.1.12 or greater, so please check this. At the moment I'm seeing the installation stalling at the assignment table creation.

If you get stuck, email me your login details and I'll be happy to take a look.

Ken

by White Wolf -
There are several export types that could be used. Please, check on export screen wether the SQL type of export is chosen. Other types are CSV, Excel, PDF, XML, etc.