Groups privacy problem

Re: Groups privacy problem

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I haven't seen the bug report (what number was it?), so this slipped by. Usually bugs with solutions attached get fixed first. wink

I'll fix this soon in CVS cvs:/user/view.php and cvs:/mod/forum/lib.php
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In the meantime, the quick fix is to delete this line from near the bottom of user/view.php

forum_print_user_discussions($course->id, $user->id);

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Or set it to show only to teachers:

if (isteacher($course->id)) {
    forum_print_user_discussions($course->id, $user->id);
    }
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

by Joe Griffin -
Thanks, I'll try that. Hopefully it will also solve another (new?) related bug. When a student re-enrols and before he is allocated to a group he can see all psotings in a forum that has separate groups. Just got pointed out to me yesterday by one of my students. I logged in as that student and the forum view looks as though it was set to 'no groups'

Joe

by Joe Griffin -
Hi

The number is 1149. Thanks for the fast response anyway

Joe
In reply to Joe Griffin

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
Funny - bugs 1149 and 1194 are closely related (not sure if you've seen it, Martin smile)