Any Live sites that I can actually use?

Any Live sites that I can actually use?

by Sean Carolan -
Number of replies: 9
I would like to see some live online courses, and tried to sign up for several that were on the 'moodle sites' list, but all of them required a 'key' to access.  The demo ones are usually empty or full of nonsense junk that people submit to test out the system.

Is there any site where a guest can log in and see a full-fledged application of moodle as an online courseware product?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sean Carolan

Re: Any Live sites that I can actually use?

by Thomas Haynes -

While my use may not be the most meaningful, you are welcome to log in as a guest and look around. I have not used all the features, and I probably could stand to do more collaboration via moodle.

http://academies.culver.org/moodle/

The PreCalc and FST classes are mine. I have been using moodle, but I have only just (like last Wed.) pitched the program to folks from other departments. There may not be much in other areas.

In reply to Sean Carolan

by W Page -

Hi!

Maybe that could be done right here at the Moodle.org site.  Instructors who have courses already created could submit those courses so other instructors could get a better feel for how a course should look upon completion.  It may mean there would be a Biology Quiz, Algebra Lesson, English Workshop, Chemistry Exercise, Social Studies Assignment, etc....  As long as each Resource and Activity demonstrated the feature of that Resource and Activity it would be accepable as a candidate to include in the DEMO School Site.  Fake teachers and students could also be enrolled.

What do you think Martin??

WP1

In reply to Sean Carolan

by Siegwart Mayr -

This is not a site with courses, but gives you full access as Admin (pass: demo), where you can do and undo as much as you want.  Basically it is a "try-before-you-install" site.   This is for those who want to try it out from the user and admin point of view (it might not be your case right now).   The site gets reset back to default every hour on the hour.  Maybe someone can share a course backup for you to restore and try it on that site as well wink

http://www.opensourcecms.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=31

In reply to Sean Carolan

by David Delgado -
We have some in Spanish at:

http://cursos.cicei.com

There is always one selected for demo in the "Curso de demostración" link on the left.

There are others wich may allow guest access without key. Some have guest access with key (you cannot enter in those ones). Remember that the ones that allow guest access are the ones with a face icon next to their name.
In reply to Sean Carolan

by D.I. von Briesen -

on secure2.cpcc.edu/moodle

i've got two working classes that will allow you to register.

Search for 148 (for java)

and/or 150 for CIW foundations and autoenroll. If you do, jsut edit your profile to say you're visiting. You're welcome to take any quizzes or whatever. I've got a minimum of two forums a week for 16 weeks and either a test or 2-3 quizzes a week in each class.

d.i.