Problems installing **Hotpot**

Problems installing **Hotpot**

by Steven O'Donnell -
Number of replies: 4
Hello,

I am running moodle 1.7 2004/08/23 . I have tried installing the HP module but I am getting nowhere. Is this an issue with moodle 1.7?

Here are the errors I get:
  • Version mismatch: hotpot can't downgrade 2006082900 -> 2005031420 !
  • Before I got another error code told me I needed another version. Sorry I do not have the same numbers but it did look like this: Module "hotpot" (2005031418) could not be installed. It requires a newer version of Moodle (currently you are using 2004083131, you need 2005042300). The numbers I had were different. I remember the year 2006 being present if that helps.

-I have tried installing with various versions of HP.
-I have followed the install instructions that come with the module all to no avail. One thing I did notice was that there were no lang files in the directory defined in my $CFG->dataroot . Also, there was no en_utf8 so I downloaded it. I put the lang files where I found the lang directory which was in my public_html directory.
-I have installed from http://bateson.kanazawa-gu.ac.jp/moodle/hotpot-module.zip

None of this has worked.

I am confused by all this. I hope someone can understand something from the fragments that I have posted here and let me know if there is anything I can do to install HP correctly.

Thanks to all those who take the time to reply,

Steven O'Donnell
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven O'Donnell

Re: Problems installing **Hotpot**

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Steve,
you did not need to "install" the HotPot module. It is already in Moodle 1.7.

I suggest you remove you current "mod/hotpot" folder completely and then put back the HotPot folder that was in original zip of Moodle 1.7 that you installed.

If you don't have the original zip of Moodle 1.7, you can get another copy from the Moodle downloads page.

If anything above is not clear, please let me know smile
Gordon
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Pedro Caldeira -
Hello,

which Hotpot module come whith Moodle 1.7 ? is it near hotpot V1 or hotpot V2 ?

regards
In reply to Pedro Caldeira

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Pedro,
Moodle 1.7 uses HotPot v2 with some modifications for the "roles"
cheers
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (1)