Overall feedback

Overall feedback

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
The overall feedback is a very interesting additional feature. There are some problems and ideas I got while testing:

• Adding a grade boundary with % and typing a blank space between number and % produces an error. Is it possible to add an option that this is accepted also?
  • If there is an error in entries all entries are deleted and I must do the work complete again. Can you change it that the error is marked, but the other entries are not deleted?
  • If I understood it correct the entries must be done in each quiz again. It would be a very good help to store a feedback scale in the same way we store other scales in administration block. Teacher often reuse such scales.
  • In my first view on the fields in the settings I thought there was one missing field. Later I understood that there is a range of results and the feedback texts is added between the upper and lower setting of each range. An additional line explaining this under the headline "Overall Feedback" would be a great help for understanding the concept. This is not very good explained in the help file. I added some text in the german translation.
  • If you rework on the help file you can add also an information that there are optional more entry fields after saving the first settings. Knowbody thinks that it is possible to create more than 5 ranges.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

Re: Overall feedback

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
  • Adding a grade boundary with % and typing a blank space between number and % produces an error. Is it possible to add an option that this is accepted also?
Yes, good idea. Done.
  • If there is an error in entries all entries are deleted and I must do the work complete again. Can you change it that the error is marked, but the other entries are not deleted?
This is so annoying, but the bad news is that this happens for reasons that are beyond the control of the quiz module, so there is no easy way to fix this. There are big changes to editing form planned for Moodle 1.8, and after those have gone in, I hope to be able to fix this.
  • If I understood it correct the entries must be done in each quiz again. It would be a very good help to store a feedback scale in the same way we store other scales in administration block. Teacher often reuse such scales.
Yes. That would be nice, but it is not currently possible, and I have no plans or time to implement it.
  • In my first view on the fields in the settings I thought there was one missing field. Later I understood that there is a range of results and the feedback texts is added between the upper and lower setting of each range. An additional line explaining this under the headline "Overall Feedback" would be a great help for understanding the concept. This is not very good explained in the help file. I added some text in the german translation.
If you give me an English translation of you improved help, I'll check it in. I did my best writing the help, but I agree it could be better.
  • If you rework on the help file you can add also an information that there are optional more entry fields after saving the first settings. Knowbody thinks that it is possible to create more than 5 ranges.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ralf Hilgenstock -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
German Text:

Mit den Zahlenwerten werden Intervalle beschrieben. Wenn das Testergebnis zwischen dem Wert über dem Feedbacktext und dem Wert unter dem Feedbacktext liegt, wird der zwischen den Werten liegende Feedbacktext angezeigt.

Beispiel: 100%

Bewertungsgrenzen: 80 %

Bewertungsgrenzen: 60 %

In diesem Fall wird für Ergebnisse zwischen 100% und 80 % als Feedbacktext "Gutes Ergebnis" angezeigt.

First english translation for additional infos in help files:

The percentages are describing ranges. The feedbacktext between the upper and the lower range is shown if the result of a quiz is between the two ranges.
Example:
Grade Boundary: 100%
Grade boundary: 80 %
For all results between 100% and 80 % the overall feedback is now "Excellent result"

Draft for additional text on setting page:
Add feedback text for all results between the upper and lower boundaries:
In reply to Ralf Hilgenstock

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
OK, I have changed the help in the way you suggest. I don't want to add anything to the editing form itself at this stage, so I didn't. Thanks.