New Block - Second Life Grid Status.

New Block - Second Life Grid Status.

by Paul Andrews -
Number of replies: 5

>> Download it here <<

This block indicates the status of the Second Life Grid (www.secondlife.com).

I knocked it together as part of the Second life/Moodle mashup: www.sloodle.com

It Screen scrapes the Second Life status page using the php function: "file ()"

You are more than welcome to edit this as you wish, all I ask is that if you do, you send me your updated version so I can use it too!

I'm not a php expert so if you spot anything wrong please let me know.

Oh and if you do use Second life to teach - please pop over to Sloodle.com and get involved!

Cheers!

P.

Screen shot.

(Edited by Martin Dougiamas - original submission Monday, 16 October 2006, 07:51 PM) Fixed some broken links

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Andrews

Re: New Block - Second Life Grid Status.

by David Corley -
I just upgraded to Moodle 1.9.3 and i am getting a notification that the Sloodle Blocks Menu is incompatible. Is there a new Sloodle version to fix this?

Thanks,
David

Blocks

Block sloodle_menu is not compatible with the current version of Moodle and needs to be updated by a programmer.

In reply to David Corley

by Bob Boufford -

David,

I just upgraded from 1.9.1 to 1.9.3 and got the same message. All I did was forge ahead and continued the upgrade to 1.9.3.

Afterwards, I went to the Sloodle site, downloaded and installed the new Sloodle 0.3. Have not configured the SL side of things yet, but no complaints so far from Moodle.

Cheers,

Bob

In reply to Bob Boufford

by Peter Bloomfield -
Apologies for not spotting these SLOODLE-related posts sooner (research keeps me busy these days!)

Anyway, Bob found the solution. If you're using Moodle 1.9.x, then you need SLOODLE 0.3. It's a strongly recommended update for anybody still using Moodle 1.8.x too.

(Side note: the sloodle.org site is down at the moment due to server maintenance. Should be back up in a few hours.)

In reply to Peter Bloomfield

by Aisha Abdul Rahman -
Im running Moodle 1.9.3 (Build: 20081015)
and just upgraded to the newst version of Sloodle 0.4 today.

Prior to that I was using 0.9, but was unable to get the presenter to work properly.

Now I can not get anything to config. Not even the set itself. Well that I can if I create a notecard and paste it in config, but thats it.

sad