Blank page in IE

Blank page in IE

by r sun -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all, I am new to Moodle, could you help me out with this strange problem. I posted this question in the General Problems yesterday afternoon but found just now that this forum would be the right place for the question:

I used the topic format in my Moodle 1.5 course. Under each topic, I added one or two IMS content package resources. When I tried to view the content packages, Firefox worked OK. But IE popped an alert window each time I clicked on a page in the side menu but after I clicked on "yes" to allow the unsecured content, it would give me a blank page. The strangest thing was, if I clicked on the same page in the side menu again, the alert window would pop again, but this time no matter I clicked on "yes" or "no", the page would load. I have added my moodle site to the trusted site in IE and set the security level to low. I have tried at work and at home. I have clear-up the catch, the cookies and the history. I have tried to load the LMS CP in same window and new window. Same thing. Please see the screen shots. I appreciate your help! RSun

Alert window in IE:
warning window in IE each time clicking on the page in the side menu

Blank page in IE:
blank page in IE

Page would show after click on the same page in the side menu for two to three times:
pages show in IE just like in Firefox

Average of ratings: -
In reply to r sun

Re: Blank page in IE - IMS content package problem

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi RSun,

What you describe sounds similar to bug 6417. Please could you help us fix the bug by adding to the report and perhaps attaching a sample problem package.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Blank page in IE - IMS content package problem

by r sun -
Thank you, Helen, I would certainly add my problem to the report. I would manage a sample package if I could get permission from my colleagues -- in fact this package was developed by somebody else and I got the mission to continue the project, the file structure is still confusing to me. I will try.
In reply to r sun

Re: Blank page in IE

by Markus Mostert -

Hi everyone!

We have a similar problem, except that it is not only for IMS content packages that resources do not want to open. Even .doc and .pdf files keep on churning in IE ad infinitum. Clicking on the Refresh / Reload or pressing F5 (most users use IE) seems to solve the problem, and once it has opened a resource, it seems to load it a next time without refreshing. Firefox doesn't seem to present the same problem, but Mozilla does. I suspect it started after we upgraded to Moodle 1.6.2 (2006050520).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Markus