anonymouse choice on frontpage

anonymouse choice on frontpage

by Frank Thiel -
Number of replies: 2
Hello,
I would like guest to participate in a choice on our frontpage.
Frank
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Thiel

Re: anonymouse choice on frontpage

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Frank,

at this stage this is not possible because guests are treated as a specific user - "Guest" - and the Choice module at this stage can't easily account for more than 1 response from the same user. - eg if a "guest" selected option 1 in the choice, and then another guest came along and selected option 2, because both are treated as a single user "guest" - the original option is not kept but would be overridden.

This could be accommodated for by modifying the choice module to store a "history" instead of storing 1 result for each user. - we could then use the roles in Moodle 1.7 to allow particular user to participate in the choice.

I don't think this is a "simple" hack - it would require some development time by a Moodle developer. - if this is something you wanted to implement and weren't able to do the development but were able to fund some development, you could talk to the guys at Moodle.com or talk to some of the Moodle Partners and they may be able to put something together for you.

thanks!

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: anonymouse choice on frontpage

by Daniel Etra -
We are interested in this feature for a different reason: running a student election. Moodle is sooo good at tracking people that having an anonymous election where someone's choice can't be traced back to them is not possible. How about an election block? Perhaps I'll submit this as a feature request...

Thanks!