Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

by Matt Hladun -
Number of replies: 14

When trying to manually back up a course, only a blank page is shown when clicking the "Backup" link. Nothing happens after that and no backup is done. A screenshot of the page is attached.

I've also tried backing up our entire site, but the log shows every course as "Unfinished".

We are running a Win2003 server with Apache.

Attachment backup_pic.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Hladun

Re: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

by Aisha Abdul Rahman -
This very same thing is happening to me. Previous backups have worked; however after installing audio forum plugin, now I can not backup.
In reply to Aisha Abdul Rahman

Vast: Re: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

by Jani Lemmetyinen -
Hi,

could you please specify this audio forum plugin? Is it a third-party plugin? Just get this idea because we just solve this problem in our test site - see my previous posting.

- Jani -
In reply to Matt Hladun

Vast: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

by Jani Lemmetyinen -
Hello,

we have the very same problem with Moodle 1.6.1+ (2006050512). Trying to backup courses and entire site. We just get empty page like your screenshot. Our environment is: PHP 5.0.5, MySQL 4.1.14, Apache 2.0, Linux kernel 2.6.13-15.7 Suse 10.0

- Jani -
In reply to Jani Lemmetyinen

Vast: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

by Jani Lemmetyinen -
Hi,

Laura Malmi just fixed this in our test site (Moodle 1.6.1+). Problem seems to occur because of our own (beta) module "thesis". There was some coding errors in its backup file (/mod/thesis/backuplib.php).

Now this seems to be OK, but we still have some problems with Nwiki: when restoring backup, all wikis are empty. Nwiki blocks, as well as content in blocks are restoring, but wiki "main" content is not.

- Jani -

Re: Vast: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thanks for posting a link to here in wiki forum ... we will take a look on it. I'm starting an issue in the tracker.
Regards
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Vast: Re: Vast: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

by Jani Lemmetyinen -
Hi Ludo,

have you progressed in this MDL-6536? We have lot of wikis in our site and we need to upgrade it to Moodle 1.6.1 or 1.6.2 -- but first we must be sure there's no problems with backup/restore.

Posted this to wiki forum as well. Sorry for cross posting.

Regards,

- Jani -
In reply to Matt Hladun

Re: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page

by L. Rollins -

Any word on this yet?  I am not able to copy courses and they are starting on Monday!  Yikes! 

Does anyone have a fix for this yet?????

In reply to L. Rollins

Re: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page -Other options?

by L. Rollins -

Does anyone know what other options I have to copy the course?  I need to run four sections of a course and without the backup/restore option, I am not sure what to do?  I can't seem to find any information on here that doesn't use Backup/Restore.  Any help would be appreciated!

In reply to L. Rollins

by L. Rollins -

I have also tried the import feature and it shows up blank just like the backup does.  We are running 1.6.1...will upgrading to 1.6.2 fix this issue?

In reply to L. Rollins

by Ollie Curtis -

Afternoon,

I had this exact problem when i installed a dozen or so new modules to my moodle server.  Backups and imports stopped working.  I found the culprite.  If you have the Gallery module, delete it from your moodle server.  You will then be able to use the backup and import feature again. 

Thanks

Ollie Curtis I.T Technician

Long Road Sixth Form College, Cambridge, UK

In reply to Ollie Curtis

Vast: Re: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page -Other options?

by Jani Lemmetyinen -
Hi,

it seems to me there's several new and/or third-party modules/plugins which could present this problem. Check these fixes (made by Ari Tahvanainen) in Moodle Tracker [MDL-6494] and please report if they are helpful.

- Jani -

Re: Vast: Re: Course Backup - Nothing shown on page -Other options?

by Paul Balouris -

I know this is an old issue, but I'm having the same issue in Moodle 1.7+.  I've added the code by Ari Tahvanainen (found in MDL-6494) into the backup.php file.  It now somewhat gives me the following message "backup functions is/are missing", but doesn't tell me which module might be the culprit.

I'm assuming this is no longer an issue in newer versions of Moodle, but I won't be able to upgrade until the summer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul Balouris